help stuck rack? gsk? i dont know

tarter6bt

broke ass
after getting my transfer case and all that hooked back up this evening. i decided to take the truck out for a spin. after a few miles running great. it all of a sudden slaps 3500-4000rpms and just stays there after grabbing a low gear and shutting it down coasting into parking lot. after starting it again hoping its gone it still does it but only to 3000 or so sitting still. is the rack stuck or do i have to many or not enough clicks in the governor springs. what could the problem be? if the rack is stuck could i fix it myself or do i need to send it to a shop to get fixed? any help would be greatly apperciated

Did you check to see if the throttle linkage was stuck? Happened on mine at a pull one time and thought for sure it was a stuck rack or p&b. Turns out it was just the linkage.

i thought bout that on the way to the house? i will look tomorrow. i do get throttle when i hit the pedal. the truck also, in gear, reves slowly til round 3000 then i shift it slaps 3500-3800 quick and holds there does this help coming up with a definate answer? also on the governor springs i went ahead and done 2 more clicks. should i have not?

I had one hang a few times. I ran it up to 4k or so in third gear and it went back to normal. It would just stay hung up when I free reved it. But for some reason it would free up on the road. It hung up for good a month or two later.

well i figured out what happened last night. the govenor broke and shelled it blew the timing plug out and right below the 7/8 plug to access springs looks like the casing was pealed back i will post pics soon

home.php
if u cant view it add me

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=31552980&id=1187370029"]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=31552980&id=1187370029

same thing happened to me. The guy i got my pump from left one of the bolts from the fuel plate in the pump. put my springs in the weights picked up the bolt and the pump ranaway bc the weights where stuck out............. had to replace the weights and the shaft

i changed the springs when the motor was out getting rebuilt. i dont remember anything falling down into pump i had a pencil magnet helping me. removing the shims and springs. i removed the plate before i did this and i know nothing fell into pump. would running no plate cause this?

i removed afc housing and looked down into the pump the springs are fine i loosened the springs back to one initial click. started truck still revs fast up to 2100 then slowly climbs. could a weight have came off in pump? or what. what would cause the split in casing? any help?

i was thinking that this morning why isnt there any oil getting to pump all i had coming out was fuel. and lots of it.

Oil level is over or normal ? you could have fuel in your oil too.

So you have something else than a broken governor case.

First check if you got oil from the oil feed line, if the pump has run without oil, plungers, pump cam shaft and all the pump are worn.

Back