What turbo for a 2g swap?

Benny

I know the question. Has been asked a million times before. I can't wrap my head around how each minor detail changes how a turbo works for me and my truck

My truck is an 08 6.7 with a g56.

So far, I have a mini maxx, Hamilton 103# valve springs, ARP 625s, deleted with 5" straight pipe.

I plan on bigger injectors. Not sure of the size yet.
I know I will probably need a 10mm cp3.

What size turbo would you guys recommend for my application? I want more power, but I also want to be able to put 20k lbs behind me with no worries.

I have already done the HG twice, the second time with the ARPs installed. I need something safer.

I am leaning toward an s464 with 1.0 trim and a steed or stainless diesel manifold

Last edited:
I didn't do it the first go around. The second time I torqued them to 40-80-125 then final torque of 150.

That's the info I found when i was installing them. They said no no retorque needed, but I had planned on doing it anyway when doing the turbo swap. I will up the torque at that time.

I do 165ftlbs on 625s but hey that’s just me

I've seen videos of 625s snapping and I'm not that brave lol.

That's the info I found when i was installing them. They said no no retorque needed, but I had planned on doing it anyway when doing the turbo swap. I will up the torque at that time.

For your goal, a T4 footed 64.5sxe with the .91 would be great. All just depends on how much fuel you want to throw at it. Highly suggest new tuning.

Can you still get mcc tuning for the mini Maxx? Would that be good, or do I have to go to EFI live?

I'd contact @zfaylor on here. They can take your stock charger and throw much larger wheels in it for a pretty great price. If you tow, I would think you'd want to keep the exhaust braking you get with a VGT, and the amazingly quick spool-up. Especially with a manual.

Even with bigger wheels, it would be to small for what I want. I want to be able to turn 4k without excessive drive pressure.

Even with bigger wheels, it would be to small for what I want. I want to be able to turn 4k without excessive drive pressure.

You should go with compounds then. I hate how manuals with big turbos perform.

What are your goals? I'm fairly certain you could squeeze 700hp out of a VGT before you got into the high DP range.

I just came off 2012 g56 467.7 12mm cp3 and 53 overs. I ran 110 ar on 425 studs no springs or push rods for a while w out one issue. I’d go .10 ar .110 wasn’t bad at all the top end was outrageous.

Back