Turning up an MX180

lnimmo77

Search never works
I've talked to a couple dealers, and they seem to think an MX 180 is the same tractor as the MX 240&270, except for fuel.. We are going to a 6 shank zone builer, and I think the 180 might need a little more juice. I know the basic engine is the same (8.3l cummins), but can the overal tractor handle a good bump in hp, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

I haven't gotten to work on many MX tractors but have put many hours on a couple. I'm pretty sure a 180 is the same tractor as a 220 or 240 or 270. Unless there is something I'm missing I would not worry about the rest of the tractor holding the extra power. Maybe someone else who knows more will chime in.

If its the same as our 270 it's a caps pump system so afaik it can't be turned up without a box of some sort

Ryan

I ended up buying a New Holland TG 230, which is the same tractor as a Case IH MX. It has the 8.3 L, but it's P pumped. It will make more HP easy, but my same question still stands. I wonder if I need more power of the drivetrain can handle it like a larger model would. We'll see...

Back