Fuel Pressure!!!!!

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
How do you increase fuel pressure on a 24 valve that has a fass??? I was told you can just stretch the spring thats in the return fitting. I tried that and i still have 16psi.

I think i am cavitating the inj pump and draining the fuel lines. What do you do when you start doing this???? I dont want to screw up my HRVP.

I went to the local Hardware store with my original spring in hand and found one with a slightly stronger gauge wire and stretched that one and it consistently gives me 35psi@ idle and 28psi@ WOT. just have to be careful when starting it - when you turn the key and the pump cycles, make sure you wait for the fuel pressure to go below 10psi before firing it up... too high pressure from the start will cause hard starts.

Lavon

behind this fitting is the ball and spring...
fass_fitting.jpg

If you have too much pressure on the VP when you start the truck you will have hard starts and can take a chance of cracking the diaphragm of the pump. So when I turn the ignition on the pump cycles 1sec. then while the grid heater is warming the fuel pressure comes back down to 5-7psi for startup then goes up to 35psi after its started.

Lavon

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the pump motor will run hotter and not live as long when you do this mod to a standard FASS pump designed to push 14-19 PSI

When FASS builds the higher pressure pumps they make changes to Motor and pump matching as well as gearing inside to keep motor electrical draw where it needs to be. I thought it was as easy as spring stretching back a few days ago, but after smoking a few motors I began to seek help from FASS and learned the does and don'ts.

Just an FYI

PS: I keep FASS springs in Stock if your in the Ohio area....

The truck acts just fine when just driving it normal. But who drives a 500hp plus truck normal??????

Back