Rear disc conversion with fixed calipers

Does anyone make one? I currently have the generic chevy swap with the floating calipers, and can't keep them from shearing the fricken caliper pins every few thousand miles.

Does anyone make one? I currently have the generic chevy swap with the floating calipers, and can't keep them from shearing the fricken caliper pins every few thousand miles.

Does that use the calipers and pins like ruffstuff or ballistic fab sells. ive used those on 14bolts that drove on the street with no issues?

Does that use the calipers and pins like ruffstuff or ballistic fab sells. ive used those on 14bolts that drove on the street with no issues?

Yeah pretty much the same as a ruff stuff kit. I got it off crabelle about 10 years ago, but I don't think either of us knew what brand it was. The brakes themselves are fantastic, it just keep shearing the caliper pins and it grinds the **** out of the wheel. I'd like to go to a fixed caliper if they exist. If the factory disc 2nd gen axles weren't $1,000 in meth territory, I'd go that route.

Looks fine, the hubs stick out further than a SRW. Its not that much wider. I rocked that look on my truck for about 6 months on the stock steel wheels until I did the dually conversion.

Attachments

• IMAG0438.jpg
    IMAG0438.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 0
Since we are on the subject of rear disc swaps, what proportioning valve have you guys used to swap a 01-02 disc brake 80 into a 94-00 dodge?

Didn't change anything on the truck except the rearend and works fine. My brother in law has had this disk rearend in a 95 and a 96.

Does the speed sensor hook up the same and all? Are the 98-01 srw axles the same width as the 94-98 srw axles? I'm would like to swap axles for the gear ratio and if they interchange that would open up my options a bit.

Does the speed sensor hook up the same and all? Are the 98-01 srw axles the same width as the 94-98 srw axles? I'm would like to swap axles for the gear ratio and if they interchange that would open up my options a bit.

The plug on my 94 has a different plug than the 02 disc brake axle. Im not sure if you can just splice the plug from a 98-02 or what, but that is what i am going to try

Back