I think I killed my DTT 47RE

Was told by the local trans shop stacking can eat into each other. Are you using the thickest clover shape one on end of the input shaft? This can help you tighten up without double stacking.

Well, it's in, and it moved under its own power. Drove up the street, shifted OK. 145psi of line. Made a 3 point turn and came cab, no second gear. Anchors are in place, fluid is clean. I'm thinking the servo Seals are shot. Maybe rolled one.
Still has 3rd and overdrive. Trans makes a noise/vibration when it should be in second.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

After I put the pan back on, refilled it, it seems to be fine. The ratcheting noise at the firewall is the parts of the fleece by-pass I cut too long when I repaired it today. Trans ran about 135 degrees and 138psi on the 20 mile drive home.

OK. So the 1-2 doesn't occur automatically. 3-2 downshift does happen. 1-2 manual upshift does shift to 2nd.

I'd double check your shift lever, I know you had it right before you tore the trans apart but it might be just off enough to mess with you. Also you need more line pressure like 165-175psi. Edit:try running it up to 25mph in first to see if it'll skip 2nd and shift 1st to 3rd.i had that issue when I put mine back together.

Last edited:
It does skip 1st-3rd when revved out. Joefarmer also suggested the shift lever. I had issues with it not shifting correctly when I tried to hit neutral from under the truck to install the driveline.

I reset the shift linkage and the throttle valve both. I have the same results. I'm going to try and tweak the governor pressure modifier.

Upped the governor modifier on the anteater and got my 2nd gear shift. Now to up the line pressure and readjust the front band.

Good deal glad you got it fingered out, next time I drop my trans I'm drilling a hole in the case so I can adjust line pressure without dropping the pan.

Last edited:
Good deal glad you got it fingered out, next time I drop my trans I'm drilling a hole in the case so I can adjust line pressure without dropping the pan.
I was planning to do that during the rebuild and forgot to.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a stronger detent spring for the rooster comb? I need a bit more feedback from the positions to suit me.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a stronger detent spring for the rooster comb? I need a bit more feedback from the positions to suit me.

Years ago I ran across a few Goerand videos and articles on the fincky roaster tails. I believe he has some aftermarket solution too so I’d call

It is. FP sent me the one everyone is selling with the orange coated spring.
Was thinking that gojng to a heavier spring would give me more positive feedback, but now I'm curious if it will try to shear the plastic portion of the Ford shift linkage, or atleast cause it to wear rapidly. They ford's have quite a bit of detent pressure though.

Well. Something got me. I noticed I lost pressure when I started to coast up my off-ramp on my way home.
I made it about 3 miles and 3third gear flared. I checked fluid level, temp was 165ish. I let it cool and took off again. Made it 3 more miles and it flared, temp spiked to just over 200. I let it cool and limped it home in second. 144psi in second.
It all looks like fine metal. Not really much clutch. Fluid doesn't smell burnt, and isn't terribly dark.
I know what the clutch application chart says it is but I don't want it to be true.
25e46b87758f455e255f2ee8d60d5a24.jpg
150436ca138c0d073fb9b3fac353fe90.jpg
1ad3d6b8a0c78271843194223e15b0b4.jpg
34aa9edf9a376e49a3778ff21b32c0f3.jpg

I wonder if contamination from before the build didn't get you? Did you flush your lines and cut clean your converter?

Converter was sent to dps, VB was sent to FP. Lines were drained but I didn't flush the coolers beyond draining them.

Hmm wonder if that didn't get ya. I know those coolers will hold a lot of junk,then you just bumped your line pressure up and prolly flushed it all out possibly.

Last edited:
I never did the line pressure. It was on 137psi @lockup from FP. I was planning to drop the pan, change fluid and adjust line pressure tomorrow. I didn't get that far.

Back