I Did It!!! I Did It!! I Did It!!

Thanks for the good words yall!!!
Josh Im right up there with ya now as being a hater of driveline parts. What brand of gears and axels you running? I do beleve my motive's have fiannally decided to give up, and I know running a stock axel is a crap shoot. Did get lucky and only got a u-joint instead of a yolk, but I have the feeling Im going to upgrade to a 1480 style anyway.
Let the opinions fly!!!

Lynn

Lynn, Im running Yukon gears and 37 spline axles from Haisley. Dont know if youve ever heard about Cryo treating but you might give it a shot. Im not sure how expensive it is but I know it is pretty popular with the rock crawler crowd. Its essentially a freezing process that is supposed to strengthen the metal.

God I wish they would get a few more lights at the end of the track in edmonton. I remember my first win was at Edmonton last year and the video was the same way.

As for the rearend, I wonder if they would allow us to run 106 Rockwells on the 2wd's? lol

I`m with ya on the lights at the end of the track Justin It`s dark. Next time we go there if everybody that stands would bring a flashlight please it would really help.LOL Here`s another vid that is also dark YouTube - Diesel Edmonton pass
Not trying to take from ya thread Lynn just showin that it`s dark. And maybe put a little FEAR in JOSH LAND !!!! LOL

A few years ago we pulled ata place much like that we had the spot lights on the cab on because mini rod don't have head light and we had 30mph ground speed.that was realy stupid for us doing that some onr could have gotten hurt.
at least the truck have head lights.

Yeah but if we roll out on the track with our fog's or our headlight's on the cranky flagman makes us turn em off!

I have had the pullers turn the light off myself it is hard to see the light's on the sled if there is a problem.We didn't have a choice at this pull because the breaker went out we only had 3 mini's to pull.The electrition was going to take over an hr.to get there and fix it.it was already 11:30pm I don't think the crowd would have liked it very much.

Dale

Hey Lynn, have they ever teched your charger after a run with KOTTPA? Im just curious to see if yours is "illegal" like mine LOL

Well you know I havnt been that lucky yet. :kick: I guess I need to check mine one of these days and see.

Lynn

Cool I'm going out in the garage and gap the rings to the cylinders and put the short together.Still waiting on the cam.

Dale

Well you know I havnt been that lucky yet. :kick: I guess I need to check mine one of these days and see.

Lynn

Well, they teched Josh at broadhead and pretty much told us not to come back in a round about way. His charger swells and wont pass 2.5 until it cools off. So we got it cooled down in 15 minutes or so and they teched it and it wouldnt pass the plug, but the tech guy said next time that if it wont pass tech as soon as he is done pulling, then he would be disqualified. So good luck to you if they tech ya. :bang

Eric

Furlong claims he was in Florida the weekend of Brodhead, but I think he just got a lil scared when he heard Josh was going to be there, so.........

Back