View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #35
spoolinawd

Name: spoolinawd
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Went to the track last night with some 31x10.5 et drags. First launch I stalled it till 10psi and it hopped a bit out the hole. I think that broke the trans line at the auxillary cooler. When I locks the converter it started spinning so I let off and coasted and got back in it up top just to check things over and it hooked. Second pass blew the tires of so I coasted down. Third pass it hooked with another 10psi launch and I rolled into it slowly to prevent spin. About 200' out it spun hard and went right toward the wall I let off and counter steered. Then coasted down trying to gather my composure. Didn't realized I oiled down the track. When I stopped at the timeslip booth they guy told me I oiled it down and the rest of the fluid leaked out there while I was speaking with him. Wouldn't drive at all.
I think the first pass damaged the line or fitting at the aux cooler and it was spraying causing me to lose traction every pass. I monitored it for leaks and never found anything in the pits. Didn't know it was broken till that last pass. Hopefully I can repair the cooler lines and the transmission survived. May go ahead and drop the pan and change the filter and adjust bands also.

Click the image to open in full size.

First pass of the night compared to best pass last trip on street tires.
.6 off 60' and .9 off 330'