I need recommendations for a framing trailer

fatty

VE
I'm planning on getting rid of my box truck and getting a pickup and trailer to replace it. I know what I'm getting for a pickup but I don't know much about trailers.

I'm thinking a 8x16 would be plenty big. I want it to have a pass side man door, and I'm undecided on the double doors or ramp door for the back. That's about all I got so far.LOL

Make sure you get a dual axle, and when you make up your mind on what minimum size you need add two feet. My buddy just went thru this same thing, overloaded small single axle trailer and constantly having tire issues.

He also went to a ramp door on his new trailer, says it works out way easier, especially rolling out his air compressors. He put a used truck ladder rack on top, worked out like it was made for it.

We have several Homesteader’s that are 8’x20’ with ramp rear door, passengers side man door, dual 5,000lb torsion axles, and 6 lug 16” aluminum wheels. I don’t remember what height, but I’m 6’4” and can stand up in them. We like them well enough that I don’t think I’d shop around if we needed another trailer.

Back