View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #719
RockinRam96

Name: RockinRam96
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tall boy View Post
Yes we are building our own ECM in house for motor sport use or engine testing. C15 or C18 makes no difference to me. No limit no license need for tuning it all day long if you want. Dos date log and has boost control turbo speed sensor options and the list goes on.
Is this a plug and play ECM with the factory Cat wiring harness, or does the Adaptronic ECM require an Adaptronic wiring harness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall boy View Post
Friday morning in the small hours using internet to take over the Adaptronic ECM in the US for a pulling team having the first engine start setting fuel and timing to what we think will come close on what is used on the tuned CAT OE ECM. Set this C18 CAT up to run 3800Rpm. Do you want better idle. No we like it this way. OK.

Friday evening back online taking over Adaptronic ECM to get the idle RPM down a bit. Customer request. 3 min later done that and comment on the other side it never run that smooth. Me, yes told you so. .

Today comment after the pull from yesterday.
Killed the clutch. Making more power, need more timing and fuel.

Still find it an odd idea running this C18 engine @ this hi RPM OK C15 or C15 stroke and C18 bore OK done that before. Lest call it a new experience. Maybe next year have to go to Bowling Green as some of my team members went this year and get to know more how things are done.
Probably never let the Cat (pun intended) out of the bag as to whose truck this is, would ya? I'm wondering if I know. There is one team that seems to be laying the hammer on all of the other Big Rigs with a single charger electronic Cat.