Gear selection chart-Microsoft Excel

getblown5.9

Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
here is a gear selection chart I made, its kind of interactive if you want to call it that, you enter your tire size, gear ratio, and desired RPM in the box, and it will give you a chart listing the final drive ratio, and approximate wheel speed based off your input.

maybe this can be made a sticky by the mods, and the more experienced members can help by posting up what some good final drive ratios/mph is for certain HP levels. Maybe this will help to keep some of the Newbie questions to a minimum about what gear to choose.

Attachments

• gear selection.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 466
Looks good, how about adding the ZF6?

Low 5.79:1
First 3.30:1
Second 2.10:1
Third 1.31:1
Fourth 1.00:1
Overdrive 0.72:1
Reverse 5.23:1

If the mods do want to make this a sticky, I can add my calculators for street and open driveline trucks also.

Here's the one I've been using for wheel speed, it has most of the Dodge transmissions in there.

Attachments

• Wheel speed calculator.zip
    75.3 KB · Views: 148
The one TJ posted will show wheel speed for any rpm you enter. If you don't have Excel you can down load Open Office, it's free.

This just frustrates me even more. ZF6 with 3.73's has more wheel speed than the NV4500 with 3.54's. I got to get it to the ground.

The one TJ posted will show wheel speed for any rpm you enter. If you don't have Excel you can down load Open Office, it's free.

I understand, I just like to have it all in front of me instead of re-entering the rpms to tell the difference. After about the 3rd change I make, I forget what the first values were:bang My file originally had two tables for each setup so you could make one change and compare both tables but it didn't meet the file size requirement so I trimmed it down.

added 47/48re and G56 to mine. the other one is sweet too.

just trying to help people out with the tools they can use to figure this stuff out rather than asking the same question over and over.

Attachments

• gear selection.zip
    6 KB · Views: 102
This just frustrates me even more. ZF6 with 3.73's has more wheel speed than the NV4500 with 3.54's. I got to get it to the ground.

You should try dropping a gear maybe? I would detune that thing & get it to hook, you'd be better off.

Back