View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #41
spoolinawd

Name: spoolinawd
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I purchased the 52 on here or cummins forum set up for a second gen. It has a vband outlet the bolts up to stock second gen piping and the downpipe flange was turned down to accept hx40 downpipe.

When I got under the truck today I pulled down in the hard line I to the aux cooler with the quick connect and it was already out. So that's the cause of the leak. I installed a pair if 1/4npt to 1/2barb fittings in trans and used -8pushlock hose to run to front cooler. I ditched the aux cooler and temp sensor. I also installed a new filter and was unable to adjust the bands because my tq wrench starts at 10ft lbs.

12qts of dex3 later it was full and I took it for a spin. So far so good. Can't test the shifts under load because wheel spin. If I rev out 3rd to 3500 and throw od it hooks and shifts correctly. I plan on pressure cleaning the undercarriage tomorrow and doing some more driving around and check for leaks. I would like to do a pass in od to check peak boost also since I slid the afc back. I thought about throwing the slicks on and Making some test passes but I don't want to kill the trans without a decent timeslip. When the trans does let go I am going to park it for a bit since I have spent a lot recently with the hg and now the trans leak.