4BT Power Recipie

Thanks for the offer on the injectors but I'll pass. What is the general concensus on aftermarket gasket sets? I have seen various companies that offer full gasket sets and full rebuild kits for the 4bt and they are cheaper in price than OE Cummins parts. My suspicion is that they are cheaper in quality as well, am I right?

I would use an OE Cummins head gasket, other gaskets and seals are not so critical.

Originally posted by:Smokem
Non intercooled piston, 155° injector. You could use a JD nozzle if you desired to, but I believe a cylindrical sac type injector might not be best for efficiency.

Thanks for a second opinion, its good to hear different ideas. I knew that the marine engines used a different piston design, but I was not aware that the intercooled pistons were any different from the standard pistons.

If you are not fond of sac type injectors, are you referring to a 155* VCO style nozzle as an alternative? As far as I am aware the VCO nozzles are the most efficient nozzle design since there is no sac in which to trap unatomized fuel.

I watched in amazement one of those little noisy 4 cylinders put down 125 hp, per cylinder! twins and running waste motor oil cut with a little diesel. I*t was transplanted into a 1500 chubby truck.

I watched in amazement one of those little noisy 4 cylinders put down 125 hp, per cylinder! twins and running waste motor oil cut with a little diesel. I*t was transplanted into a 1500 chubby truck.

If you wanna see that thing run again you best get to fall brawl early ! Its gonna be there again!! This time with a ve pump!!

How much power do you plan on seeing with it? There are just so few people that are making good power with the ve that I have heard about. khaoskustoms yours is about the only one have heard of. haha

A 12mm pump head is still your limiting factor! It will only flow so much fuel! Is all this exciting enough for exclamation points at the end of every sentence? No!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No! Really don't care that much! You should put it on a dyno so I can laugh at you!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back