Excursion mods

littlehandegan

2004 PWS, auto, 4x4 etc. Whats a good bolt on turbo for good power? Also what else needs upgrading? injectors, tune?
How are the trannies on these with big power?

thanks

Depends on where you want to go with it. Need a little bit more information on what you are planning to do. How much power you want to end up with. Etc. You can get a good set of injectors and a supporting tune. Beans has what you would need. As for the trans, I know they were stronger but with any stock application your going to have to upgrade before going too far.

Also you might want to check the 6.0L section of the website. Since Im assuming that your 2004 has a 6.0.
You can find that here: http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

X2 about posting in the 6.0 section. For tune I would say SCT all the way on it and like Powerstroke said you need to find out what route you want to go with it, and that will get the guys a little more info on routes you could go. And for the trannies it had a 5R110 and they seem to be having good luck with them, as long as you train it to the power.

Without more fuel a turbo is a waste. VGT Hybrid is a favorite of mine... spools well, the whistle is insane and cheap.

SCT by innovative and the tranny will be fine. Don't do injectors until you have a full fuel system and a backup pump if you get a FASS. Once again, custom tune by innovative for these upgrades.

Back