View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
BgBlDodge

Name: BgBlDodge
Title: Hates hippies
Member`s Gallery
1. I'd say 450hp.
2. HO's don't push the same amount of fuel as an SO therefore they tend to tap out around 500hp.
3. I believe the HO plungers are smaller but don't quote me. I know the HO is higher pressure but lower volume than the SO which is lower pressure but higher volume.
4. I think bluechip is the only one that warranty's wire tapped pumps.
5. If you want to risk a lopey idle and spend the extra $800 then go ahead with the HRVP. Personally though, I wouldn't waste the money. If you want to leave the wire untapped then yeah, it might be worth a little power. But if you tap the wire it's not gonna make any more power than an SO pump.
6. All you do is swap the pumps. That's it. It'll work perfect.
7. I highly doubt it's the injectors. VP's just fail. Look at mine.
8. If your pump is running half ass when you send it to them then you shouldn't have any problem with a core.
9. Lately it tends to be electronics failure. It's believed that the heat and vibration of the motor along with tapping the wire can cause it to fail but nobody is for certain why they fail. They just do.
10. All VP's these days are remanufactured. Assuming that the electronics are going out (which it doesn't sound like in your case) then you can replace the electronics for about $450. But you'd need to have the pump tested to make sure and that's around $150.

Tyler Williams

We have become educated beyond our intelligence. -Jerry Clower