Happy ELD day!

Can’t be done. I heard someone say once you couldn’t haul Coors east of the Mississippi or make it from Texas to GA in 28hrs either.

Wanna bet when Allan watched that movie he was writing down all the DOT violations and reporting them to the proper authorities?

One word.....

Illuminati!

Can’t be done. I heard someone say once you couldn’t haul Coors east of the Mississippi or make it from Texas to GA in 28hrs either.

Wanna bet when Allan watched that movie he was writing down all the DOT violations and reporting them to the proper authorities?

That was team driving....you mean you didn't see the Snowman filling out a log book for Fred?

Chris

I was soooo excited when FedEx came today. Thought my prayers were answered and the ELD gods came and I could finally make some real money.
36e8bc15c5ebea4e9b4edbab7fe7fb1c.jpg

...but it just isn’t meant to be because they didn’t send instructions on how to hook these pages up.
041f560cf04d383f369bf2eba2135371.jpg

I was soooo excited when FedEx came today. Thought my prayers were answered and the ELD gods came and I could finally make some real money.
36e8bc15c5ebea4e9b4edbab7fe7fb1c.jpg

...but it just isn’t meant to be because they didn’t send instructions on how to hook these pages up.
041f560cf04d383f369bf2eba2135371.jpg

Yep.....

This just got more entertaining!

:pop::pop::pop:

Now I'm gonna be quoting every line of that movie all day long.

Hey boy....where's Sheriff Branford?
Got behind a black Peterbuilt after work, licence plate was fitting for today's topic!
9c67a2c9d40cc46964f769cf4e3307eb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

People just jailbreak them and you can edit without tattletales.

Isnt it just recording mileage/driving time from ECM ? Our tachos takes reading from protected data from speedsensor and as a backup from ABS sensors. Still there is a way to switch tacho off and keep all other functions working. Ofcourse it will be expensive if you get caught driving like that.

Vehicle speed and total miles off ecm, plus it uses GPS. Any VSS issues or GPS mismatch it's supposed to record a fault. this info gets uploaded to the service provider.

so do emergency vehicles have to have this too? What about private snow plows clearing municipal roads?

so do emergency vehicles have to have this too? What about private snow plows clearing municipal roads?

No, there are a bunch of exemptions based on air miles, products hauled, year of truck engine, number of days a log book is needed in a 30 day period etc.

I may be asking a silly question but doesn't the ELD essentially just record what was supposed to be done legally on paper anyways? The basic laws of driving trucks didn't change did they?

I'm not advocating for it by any means because it sounds like there isn't any room for common sense judgment....just wondering.

It’s literally a tracking collar. The rules didn’t change, no. The HOS needs to change but nobody has done it yet.

They have discovered that elds won’t work for some so good here if exemptions and waivers for all kinds of crap. Instead of acknowledging they aren’t what’s best, they are giving select people, get out of jail free cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s literally a tracking collar. The rules didn’t change, no. The HOS needs to change but nobody has done it yet.

They have discovered that elds won’t work for some so good here if exemptions and waivers for all kinds of crap. Instead of acknowledging they aren’t what’s best, they are giving select people, get out of jail free cards.

If you’ve ever used snapshot from Progressive it’s same thing. I did find overall I was a safer driver but at times you were penalized for doing things like slamming on your brakes when someone randomly moved into your lane. After awhile I found myself less likely to react as quickly because of being penalized. Lol

Exactly, bring back the split clock and the elogs wouldn’t be such a big deal. Had a guy the other day say he got stuck at a shipper for 8hrs and then had to leave after he got loaded because they don’t allow sleeping on the lot. So he could have logged it as his 10hrs but as soon as he drove off the lot the elog would have started recording. He was sleeping for almost the full 8 but big brother wouldn’t see it that way.

Alan thinks we want to work 48hrs straight and this is why we want to run paper. In reality I like to use common sense that his tracking collar doesn’t allow.

If you’ve ever used snapshot from Progressive it’s same thing. I did find overall I was a safer driver but at times you were penalized for doing things like slamming on your brakes when someone randomly moved into your lane. After awhile I found myself less likely to react as quickly because of being penalized. Lol

I know your a doctor an all and respect that, but would you like a government controlled monitor with you over every patient? Or start to wear a vest camara with a timer?

Back