Well now the season is over Let ask again..

Runninlean

Say When racing
So now that the season is over and as if you did not have enough to worry about next season..

Lets start our annual thread on the possibility of a 10 second range index class.

Any thoughts on this yet Randy? :poke:

10.5 would put the speed close to 135mph which requires a license and all the stuff that goes along with it. Merge Pro Street and Super Street and add a 10.90 index class.

10.5 would put the speed close to 135mph which requires a license and all the stuff that goes along with it. Merge Pro Street and Super Street and add a 10.90 index class.

This is my thoughts as well. A lot of people forget the break is at 9.99 or 135mph and these trucks tend to hit the MPH break before they get to the 9.99.

We are reviewing adding a class but I just want to be up front and honest about adding a class to the series as it costs money, time and effort and it is not as easy as some of you think it is.

Adding a class includes having event payouts , national champion payouts, world champion payouts, trophies, and adds man hours to updating and tracking on the website with points ,stats and winner circle pictures during the season.

Just adding up some quick numbers the class would cost around $25,000 to add to the series so if any of you guys want to be the class sponsor or know someone that would like to sponsor that class it would be way easier for us to add another class to the series if it is paid for

We believe 10.90 index would be the better choice if we decided to add a class because if it was 10.50 you then have to worry about hitting the 135mph mark and then safety rules completely change for the driver and vehicle because 135mph requires same safety as 9.99et

We also are looking at if we dont add a class to the whole series to do some test events that have the class added to see what kind of competitor turnout we get to validate the class

I am getting ready to head to Sema to meet with sponsors and beg for money LOL for next season so if I dont respond to your questions you will know why.

Continue on and I will try to check in during next week

May not be the place to ask this, but what are the requirements for a sub 9.99 or 135 licence?

Last edited:
May not be the place to ask this, but what are the requirements for a sub 9.99 or 135 licence?

9.99 Seconds & Quicker 1/4 mile (6.39 1/8 mile) - Previous rules apply including but not limited to the following:
» NHRA Chassis Certification
» NHRA Competition License
» SFI Jacket and pants 3.2A/5
» SFI Neck Collar 3.3/1
» SFI Gloves 3.3/1
» SFI 29.1 flexplate / 30.1 flexplate shield (AT equipped cars)
» Full Face Helmet (Must have helmet meeting Snell SA2005, K2005, M2005, SA2010, SAH2010, K2010, M2010 or SFI 31.1A, 31.2A, 31.1/2005, 41.1A, 41.2A or 41.1/2005 specs.
» SFI Roll cage padding
» Window net
» Master Electrical Shutoff

That would be my preference as well. Don't add a class. Merge SS and PS. Do a 10.XX class. If an Outlaw race can pull in 18+ competitors for 10.XX class, so can NHRDA.

Eh, I don't see them merging the 2 classes. Too many guys in each category that support the NHRDA to just do away with one of em. The 10.X class needs to happen at some point tho

Not many guys supported the Pro street class this year in the finals, 8 entries. (looks like only 11 PS racers made more than 1 race all year) OK SS class at 15 entries. Some SS trucks will go to 10.90 so will lose trucks there. Not much choice but to combine PS and SS if we want a place to race.

The outlaw events have one PS class and it seems to have been working for a long time. Having the same rules across the orgs would go a long way also IMO.

Last edited:
Eh, I don't see them merging the 2 classes. Too many guys in each category that support the NHRDA to just do away with one of em. The 10.X class needs to happen at some point tho

Define "Too Many". With exception of like 3 races all season the average attendance in either class is like 3 or 4 trucks. Not to mention you have both Ryan and Anthony moving to PS class already as well as Micha depending on the event.

Last edited:
In taking to the average super street guys, that can't pick up mid 9s, they would love a 10xx index. Something to actually try for and be competitive in, because they don't have the coin to go to a deck plate and 1400hp for super street

That would be my preference as well. Don't add a class. Merge SS and PS. Do a 10.XX class. If an Outlaw race can pull in 18+ competitors for 10.XX class, so can NHRDA.

If you make pro street/super street 1/8 mile it would work easily. At 1/4 mile you kind of leave the super street trucks out to dry. Looks like Super street is going 1/8 mile next year for most of the other events anyways.

Define "Too Many". With exception of like 3 races all season the average attendance in either class is like 3 or 4 trucks. Not to mention you have both Ryan and Anthony moving to PS class already as well as Micha depending on the event.

FYI I was a last minute scratch on back halving. Gonna hold off another year. But I do plan to step it up a bit for next year. And I will run pro street when a super street class isn't available. There is also another heavy hitter in the super street class going to a pro street 2wd next year. Some know some don't. I'll let him speak up if he wants.

Last edited:
Back