Vp44 Injector Pop Pressure theory and testing

so bosch never used any inj in a cummins with a vp except the stock ones that cam on my truck? huh...

stick with a vco not an sac and the diff will be more noticeable than pop press differences...

I don't believe anyone even hinted towards the idea that Bosch only tested 1 injector so idk why you even mention that

Are you speaking from experience? Do you have data or info to support your claim that pop pressure won't be very noticeable? If no, then can I ask again why you're so hesitant to learn more and get more data and real results on the topic?

so bosch never used any inj in a cummins with a vp except the stock ones that cam on my truck? huh...

stick with a vco not an sac and the diff will be more noticeable than pop press differences...

I've seen VP pump 12v's, and AGCO Sisu Power engines with VP44's that run a different injector....

I'm not saying that this conversation isn't interesting, but I feel like I've seen it before in about 2006 when VP's weren't quite yet the red headed step child of the Cummins world yet...

Carry on
Chris

The density of some here seems to be increasing as this conversation moves forward. I would second the question posted earlier and ask from those of you against the idea, what are you gaining by throwing jabs, what has it gained you so far, and what do you suspect will come of the opposition?

One opacity graph from an emissions test and a good bit of hearsay. We respect results that have been paid for by those who regard this information as their business, but with that said, we who are testing this are also paying for this out of our own pockets and trying to bring information to an area that has always been kept under lock and key.

If you don’t like it then that’s your stance and that’s fine. There’s no need to be offended by the data, videos, and experience. No one is forcing anyone here to take this as the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

touchy touchy bunch in here..if yer gonna post data be prepared to answer questions and explain..i only ask for things to be explained so I can understand them...

the reason I mentioned the one inj use was because we were talking about larger inj not beng tested in this engine by bosch.

do you think that this is increasing or shortening duration? or no effect at all? as I would assume it must delay the inj cycle right?

I have tough skin.

So we have rough data to compare in regards to duration, Idle state, in gear, shows ~%2 duration loss at 330 bar, 55 mph cruise state shows ~%2 duration loss as well. I would say roughly %2 is a good guess.

without a doubt it is shortening the length of injection.

I've seen VP pump 12v's, and AGCO Sisu Power engines with VP44's that run a different injector....

I'm not saying that this conversation isn't interesting, but I feel like I've seen it before in about 2006 when VP's weren't quite yet the red headed step child of the Cummins world yet...
Carry on
Chris

Is that's about when SAC and micro blinds was the new king on the street and VCOs were stock garbage.:poke:

Last edited:
I have seen a few instances where increased opening pressure helped reduce low engine speed smoke, however we found that a higher quality nozzle was a better overall solution to the problem.

I have seen better results from tailoring the specifics to match the end user's goals rather than increase the seat pressure on a production part.

Excellent!

Is that's about when SAC and micro blinds was the new king on the street and VCOs were stock garbage.:poke:

:hehe: Yeah, I think so...Shortly after Don M posted his findings on that ridiculous 14 hole injector that made the internets explode for a month...

I'm just saying, not that things definitely haven't progressed in 10 years, but your injector is hardly the final place for gains on a VP truck. Lots of other variables and places for much more gains and losses vs a decent quality, "over the counter" VP fire stick.

IMHO,
Chris

:hehe: Yeah, I think so...Shortly after Don M posted his findings on that ridiculous 14 hole injector that made the internets explode for a month...

:hehe: ah yes the II 11 hole inj....

I'm just saying, not that things definitely haven't progressed in 10 years, but your injector is hardly the final place for gains on a VP truck. Lots of other variables and places for much more gains and losses vs a decent quality, "over the counter" VP fire stick.

No but it is one that is being presented at this testing and time. Im sure it wouldn't be debated that other factors are to play into this. Ive seen just a VP swap produce better HP..

In Blue

Arent builders coming back to vco nozzle these days? Curious.

Really this testing is to figure what higher pop does and present with data. Not looking to reinvent the VP world. It's a dead market.

Last edited:
Arent builders coming back to vco nozzle these days? Curious.

Really this testing is to figure what higher pop does and present with data. Not looking to reinvent the VP world. It's a dead market.

Yes that's the trend ive been noticing. Correct, I get what your doing. I like reading through your post here and on other forums. Im an ol vp guy at heart...

I would agree...

We're not old Ron...but I can tell you that my memory wasn't what is was then.

Chris

I would agree with this...

I seem to remember someone spending a LOT of time testing 24V injectors.... In a first gen? :hehe:

I think Ron tested a lot of thing throughout the years..:hehe:

I'm eager to read the updates, just seems like you're overly excited about what you've got so far. For me, if the improvement is miniscule, why risk shortening the life of fuel system that's already considered iffy by many. For me, my current thoughts are to go to a higher quality injector, hopefully a second turbo, and ideally get the v2 tuning to dial it in best I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back