Narrowing a Rockwell

I would be very cautious about the cast aluminum centers. Unless it is the billet ones I would stick with the cast iron one

I would be very cautious about the cast aluminum centers. Unless it is the billet ones I would stick with the cast iron one
They dont make a forged OEM one that is desirable for they? Was thinking it's either cast aluminum or cast iron from factory.

I can find better ways to waste $600
91a5531b8f055ac20449914259984901.jpg

Last edited:
No some one is making a billet aluminum one for them. Just the center is like $3500

My steel 3rd member weighs 235 lbs. I haven't welded it yet so it might go up a pound or two depending on how much weld I dump in there :lolly:

Jeremy I thought it was the SQHD aluminum ones they had problems with? Either way I can't see it being more than 30lbs with the aluminum vs the steel.

Whats a dressed Dana 80 weigh, anyone know?

My steel 3rd member weighs 235 lbs. I haven't welded it yet so it might go up a pound or two depending on how much weld I dump in there :lolly:

Jeremy I thought it was the SQHD aluminum ones they had problems with? Either way I can't see it being more than 30lbs with the aluminum vs the steel.

Whats a dressed Dana 80 weigh, anyone know?

Is that loaded with carrier and gears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that doesn't seem too terribly bad, considering I found one with the correct ratio I'll probably jump on it. What are you doing for a yoke?

I was told that the sqhd aluminum ones were junk and the newer 20-145 ones were much better supposedly?

Probably go with a 1480 yoke, although everyone says to go with the SPL100, the 1480 would be a direct replacement and is way cheaper

The 1480 is what I'd like to do to match the rest of my driveshaft, Is there a common truck shop part number for the 1480 yoke? I saw it on Proformance Pros site for little over a couple hundred bucks.

Pretty sure the one Proformance Pros sells is a 3-4-13081-1X, which is off the Spicer S110's from like the F550's and 5500 Chevy/GMC and Rams..

They list that you need a 1/4 inch spacer or something like that. Shouldn't be hard to come up with something like that, or even just get it from them, they list it for like 12 bucks.

I had heard the same as zstroken mentioned. I think it was mentioned in a thread here that if you ran a 6.20 gear you could get away with the smaller yoke, but the larger yoke is recommended.
I am looking to do something very similar as you guys are doing also, so I am trying to learn also.

The SPL100 is a 100-4-1371-1X and is like 330 bucks! Also can't find a non greasable joint but when your U Joint is that big who knows if it even matters LOL

At that point does the front joint need to be replaced as well? Or is that one ok?

Drive shaft velocity - YouTube

Proformance Pros posted this video that I found interesting. Very motivating to keep things straight!

Easy now! Don't put me in with those V8 guys! LOL LOL LOL

1550 is what most of the 3.6 guys are running. I would think it would be find on the small power your GM truck will make. :)

Easy now! Don't put me in with those V8 guys! LOL LOL LOL

:lolly: :lolly: :lolly: That thing got a 6.5 in it??

Just kidding.

1550 was my next thought instead of the SPL100. I donno I might just grab a 1480 yoke and if it breaks worry about it then.

Back