6.7 cummins in a 2nd gen

DieselheaD

I've got a complete 2012 engine, harness, and tipm.

I pulled it after it was started and ran fine, guy I got it from had been talking to beans diesel about it as a donor for a swap, afaik all it needed was power to the air bag sensor wires and it would run, right now it just cranks.

For now I'd like to make it work with the 2012 ECM/harness/injectors until I can afford the 5.9 injectors I want, and the CM849 ECM/harness swap.

I want to completely strip the harness of what I don't need, I want the bare minimum. Any help is appreciated.

image_zpsnkajdgsy.jpg

image_zpskkvch481.jpg

I'm giving this fuse straight 12v power which fires the ECM up, I still can't get my obdII scanner to read, it keeps saying error.

Will the computer shut down and not let the engine run after a few starts with no egr and other missing items? When it started it would run for 3-5 seconds and shut off, not sure why. It only cranks now.

Basically the reason you need a computer chip in keys on newer vehicles. It is an anti theft function to make it so the key has to not only be cut right but programmed for the vehicle. Although many vehicles I have owned through the years allowed them to run off of the non skim key just not drive. Nothing this new though in my experience.

Basically the reason you need a computer chip in keys on newer vehicles. It is an anti theft function to make it so the key has to not only be cut right but programmed for the vehicle. Although many vehicles I have owned through the years allowed them to run off of the non skim key just not drive. Nothing this new though in my experience.

With advice from JP Libert I understand why it won't run, the SKIM function. Thanks for more advice.

image_zpsjy6rxt1f.jpg

I had 25 dtc, my scanner read only 13. I'd really like to get it going after converting the harness to standalone, then later on swap to the 5.9 harness/controller once I can buy the hard parts to keep it alive above 4 digit power.

Got the harness all trimmed up, need to wire the throttle pedal and run some 12v here and there and it should be ready to run.

image_zpsuhtex2wg.jpg

image_zpsipsxoaqn.jpg

I'll make it look factory with tape and loom but I'm not even sure if it's going to run now haha. Well see...

Well in short fail. I accidentally clipped a fused run/start relay wire that went to the c2 connector.

I had everything I needed (or thought) going the the 76pin c2 connector, then I went down my pin out list and clipped everything labeled as "no connection" well for whatever reason the PK/LG wire was on the list as no connection, and now I have no idea what pin it was on the c2 connector, however it's number 25 on the 34pin connector that goes to the transmission.

I'll try giving the 20 or so no-connections 12v to see if it fires.

Took some rough measurements on the deck. I'm planning on going with a thick of sleeve that I can with 4.060-4.125 piston.

Looks like the cylinder wall is between .250-.400 thick

image_zpsjfqnsp8y.jpg

image_zpspkeagh4a.jpg

image_zpsysogsiqv.jpg

image_zpsbmr72tsw.jpg

image_zps5wbgwxzw.jpg

In on this one. I've got big dreams of a 6.7 in my '01 sometime in the future. So trying to learn all I can for now

image_zpsyhi07cod.jpg

image_zpsbtn1o1yw.jpg

image_zpsa6ios6a5.jpg

image_zpsgh78dhma.jpg

so ive picked up a set of billet rods from jmiltier, and a comp 6.7 head from takendown95.

im in between waiting to save money for block work/sleeves/rebuild, some valvetrain/cam parts, injectors,tuning.

thinking of running the stock shortblock for a season, going to puch my luck becasuse im tired of sitting on the side of the track.

trying to figure out how to go about routing the belt without the idlers and ac. anyone have pics of their cr setup or idler part# or different tensioners?

Quit chasing your tail on the '10-up ECM and grab an ECM and harness from a CM2100 ('07-'09) 6.7 manual trans set-up.
Or, better yet, go with 2003 5.9 injectors and a CM849 ECM and harness.

That you haven't burnt up that ECM is nothing short of miraculous, they don't like no grounds in the key places.

Mark.

Quit chasing your tail on the '10-up ECM and grab an ECM and harness from a CM2100 ('07-'09) 6.7 manual trans set-up.
Or, better yet, go with 2003 5.9 injectors and a CM849 ECM and harness.

That you haven't burnt up that ECM is nothing short of miraculous, they don't like no grounds in the key places.

Mark.

i gave up on that ecm long ago, i sourced a CM849B ecm/harness/pedal off a member here as well.

im sticking with the 03-04 pattern as well

Back