View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 10:46 PM   #64
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
http://www.propulling.com/images/pdf...le-changes.pdf

Am I reading something different than everyone else? Doesn't it say the "Head must be OEM for that brand engine"? Doesn't that mean that in the Pro Street Diesel Truck Class that ONLY a Cummins, Duramax or Power Stroke head may be used? Those are the ONLY OEM manufacturers of the heads for those engines, Hamilton, Dart, Wagler or anyone else from the aftermarket would not be an OEM head for that brand of engine so those heads could not be used...

This is the part I really don't understand...
"Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length." To follow that rule how could ANY of the Cummins powered Pro Street trucks use a head (Cummins or otherwise) that has the intake milled off to allow an aftermarket side draft intake to be used? Milling the intake would make the head narrower than the factory width, so by that rule the engines would need to use a full factory head and factory style intake. Wouldn't that be a huge step backwards in power and performance for all the Cummins trucks?

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.