O-ringing CR block, what wire protrusion?

SPEEDSHIFT

I am debating on O-ringing my CR block with my Isky O-ring tool and wanted to see what you guys run for wire protrusion with the MLS gaskets. I use the thicker MLS gasket, I believe its .015" thicker.

I use .035 wire and usually run a .015" wire protrusion but that was on 24v/12v gaskets, I didnt know if it should be different on a MLS gasket.

I dont have time for fire rings as I am in a rush, need to have it done by tomorrow evening. So its either O-ring the block or leave it alone and just install a new gasket.

I appreciate any advice!:Cheer:

Torque the head bolts tighter and run it.

I went to 140ft lbs this last time on my ole ARP 2000s. :evil

Moar?

I just rebuilt the head, so it should be in good shape. Nice and flat.

Last edited:
Haisley fire ring or nothing.

I’ve put 20k of hot street driving with no issues

Haisley fire ring or nothing.

I’ve put 20k of hot street driving with no issues

Yea, my new motor has fire rings and 14mm head studs, I just wanted to try and get this one to last a little longer.

An out? I have had better results with head bolts, that's the gist of it.

I run stock bolts torqued to 120ft lbs on my 04 with a small tow twins set and stock fuel, knock on wood (as I am about to drag 20k lbs across 3 states) I havent had a problem in 200k miles.

This truck makes almost 3 times as much HP though.:rockwoot:

Phillip Franklin brought something up I never thought about on the MLS gaskets, they aren’t round... so it makes since that O-ringing would be less than ideal for that style gasket.

2b9eb1fde6cc101482119dd992ca9bd5.jpg

I'd leave er. Good and flat goes a long way. And step up to 625's.

Phillip Franklin brought something up I never thought about on the MLS gaskets, they aren’t round... so it makes since that O-ringing would be less than ideal for that style gasket.

2b9eb1fde6cc101482119dd992ca9bd5.jpg

Neither is a 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back