View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:17 AM   #17
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleann View Post
You bring up a good point, sand versus packed dirt is very different. Dirt with moisture(mud) is different too, although not a as common unless it has rained recently. All terrain tires work the best for the most anything, but really hard pack, nitto 420s or street tires work best, and loose sand, boggers work best.
I meant to say Nitto 420s...

At one dirt drag here in Tennessee I raced my Duramax truck that has 37X12.50R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs and true beadlock wheels. It had rained all week and the night before up through the morning of the event so I thought I would be able to air down and have a big advantage over the other guys racing. In the test and tune passes it was a little muddy and I may have had a slight advantage, but by the time eliminations rolled around the Nitto 420s had an advantage and were able to put down the power to the track in a much lighter package.

If the tracks you plan to Dirt Drag on are hard packed dirt at all I would not run anything more aggressive than an AT tire and honestly I would run a Nitto 420s or Toyo Proxxes ST or something similar to that...

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.