Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

How many people have had success running the TV cable and still achieve there shifts when they want?im thinking of going back to having a TV cable vs running with it tied

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm still having random issues where while in 2nd gear the controller will start shifting back and forth in between 2nd and 3rd gear rapidly until i cycle power on the controller. And yes the dash shows the anteater commanding the 2-3-2-3-2-3.

I'm still having random issues where while in 2nd gear the controller will start shifting back and forth in between 2nd and 3rd gear rapidly until i cycle power on the controller. And yes the dash shows the anteater commanding the 2-3-2-3-2-3.

Me too, unless I leave the remote unplugged. So I've had it unplugged for months now, no issues.

That won't really work for me because I use the OD off button every time I drive the truck. Have you called firepunk and asked them about it?

I did last year. I got the harness changed out twice, still happens.

I could understand the frustration if you need the OD off button. I don't tow too often, but when I do, I've found myself needing it too.

Joefarmer are you guys aware of this or are me and waparson the only 2 with this issue?

If the remote causes it, it's probably a failed solder joint on the remote. Call Rick to swap the remote out.

If it's commanding the 2-3-2-3, the tune file is may not be flat enough in the area you normally drive. It does take some work to tailor it to your unique driving style. Note the TPS/MPH and flatten out the tune in that area.

You can also check the TPS10 input column for constant fluctuation which would indicate the TPS source isn't clean. This would exacerbate the issues above.

Joefarmer are you guys aware of this or are me and waparson the only 2 with this issue?

I've started to get exactly what you're describing as well. I remedy it by shifting to manual 2nd and wait until I need third to manually shift up. About the same time this started occurring I also lost signal from the remote, only works if held in certain positions. Kind of annoying when I want to run it hard in tow haul with a trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the remote causes it, it's probably a failed solder joint on the remote. Call Rick to swap the remote out.

If it's commanding the 2-3-2-3, the tune file is may not be flat enough in the area you normally drive. It does take some work to tailor it to your unique driving style. Note the TPS/MPH and flatten out the tune in that area.

You can also check the TPS10 input column for constant fluctuation which would indicate the TPS source isn't clean. This would exacerbate the issues above.
You must of missed post #852 of mine. It ALWAYS happens in stop and go traffic for me,feels like a dam 100ib jack hammer hitting the bottom of the cab when it happens

Two exciting things!

1. I have cut vinyl Anteater logo decals available to owners/testers. Right now the color choices are grey or grey. The picture below is after the transfer paper is applied so it appears dark. I should have white by the end of the week. They fit in a regular envelope. Email me with your address if you want one (if you've moved since we shipped your anteater, specify where it was originally shipped).

attachment.php

2. I have secured a VB known to produce the funky 2-3 shuttle shift described above. Once it's physically here, I'll have insight into what's happening and if it will require a firmware fix.

Attachments

• IMG_20170806_150610.jpg
    IMG_20170806_150610.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 0
Sweet! I sure hope you guys can come up with something. Can I get a sticker if I bought mine second hand?

I've daily driven the hardware controller on a stock 47re VB with decent results. Then Lavon took the stock VB as a core and built me a modified Firepunk VB with excellent results. I recommend a modification that deletes the TV cable altogether, but I would like to test it on a stock setup with a TV cable intact as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you guys can't get your hands on one I have no problem sending mine to you. I've parked the truck until you guys figure out the issue

Are you guys sharing Anteater Tunes?

Has anyone made a Great All around File With Lets say 0-50% Throttle its more Street Friendly, 50-100% more of a Comp Tune with 2nd gear lockup? I've Tried and it seems to leave a Dead Spot. Ive Moved It around as well with tuning, I just cant seem to get rid of it. I would guess it happens around where my graphs cross.

Are you guys sharing Anteater Tunes?

Has anyone made a Great All around File With Lets say 0-50% Throttle its more Street Friendly, 50-100% more of a Comp Tune with 2nd gear lockup? I've Tried and it seems to leave a Dead Spot. Ive Moved It around as well with tuning, I just cant seem to get rid of it. I would guess it happens around where my graphs cross.

Post #471

Back