2010 get together.

chromedome1

Diesel for life.
I must say it has been a blessing to watch Diesels for Christ on the forums, who would have thought?? I would like to have a gathering of some kind in the first part of 2010. Looking for ideas and comments. thanks

I am for it! Where are you from Chromedome and where do you think a convenient location would be...are you talking like a meeting or an event (race/pull) haha or both?

Well, I'm in Va. I would love to have some kind of GTG. Are you close to Farmington? We could go to the dragstrip or just get together for a cookout or something. I'm up for just about anything.

It would be quit a drive but I may be able to make it. Depends on my work schedule.

Any other ideas for this?
Did you have anything in mind for what type of gtg you want to have Chromedome1?
I know you said you were open to ideas, but what are our options really? Needs to be something to make it worth the drive for guys who are a pretty good distance away.

Yea, I know, I don't have anything in mind, just want to see a gathering some time in 2010. Thats why I spoke of such so early. If everyone want to meet at one of the races next year, that will work too. I was really thinking of maybe a gtg at TS event. Thanks for any input.

Heck yes that would be awesome and actually kind of convenient. Since that event attracts so much attention anyway we would already be there.

i thing the best thing for dfc to do is start the day at a service.fill some church lot up with big diesels.and mingle/witness/worship-then eat at the track.i'll bring the brats.

Definitely start it at a service! Denomination would not matter to me. I am Catholic, but attend a Methodist church right now, so I would be open to anything!
TS would be cool. The only thing is....where is it going to be held this year? Is it going to happen in B.G. again? Not sure, I haven't heard anything since this years problems.
Need to get a DfC banner made up for maximum eposure!

It's already been announced. The drag races are at Beech Bend May 7-8. The truck pulls will be at a different location to handle more people on both days also.

Good deal, If what happened last year decides to happen again I am going to be quite upset, that was wrong and abusing the purpose of the track especially when Dennis and Sheila put that much time and effort into by far what is the largest diesel event of the summer.

Dennis talked to the Bowling Green officials. There is going to be a "no tolerance" policy next year. Blow smoke, drage race, do a burn out and you're done. I can't wait. I went the last 2 years and had a good. Get rid of the power drinkers and idiots and it'll be even better. I hope to see you guys there.

Great!
Sounds good to me. I'm going to bring the wife and my boys.
It's starting to come together :D
Is there anything you need help with chromedome1? I know we are a ways away....but let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Back