View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 12:41 AM   #63
Cflanery88

Name: Cflanery88
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
Thank you Mr. Flanery for the response and the link. Some form of valve control like this certainly does wonders for valve train losses. I will certainly research it more.

What would this technology do for a P7100 injection pump. Instead of having the conventional camshaft?

I'm all for any way to get this thing put together. I'd like to watch some of the priting/welding in action.
I’m not entirely sure. The printers actually use lasers to melt the metal alloy in powdered form while it’s printing. Unfortunately a lot of this is in the research and development stage. I do know all the nascar blocks get sent to our thermotech operation which they put them in large heat treat pressure vessels and expose them to heat and pressures for some alloys up to 26,000psi for long periods of time to change the molecular grain structure of the alloy to make it stronger. We also offer high heat resistant coating for jet turbine blades that I could see doing exceptionally well on the tops of pistons. I should of looked into it more prior to building my motor but I think in order for them to something they want a contract and multiple orders due to the metallurgy and engineering involved in the process.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L, Wagler +.080 rods, Hobbit tuned, Exergy150% injectors,Polished s475/87 1:0 A/R Engineered Turbo Billet Wheel,arp625s,14mm main studs,PPE dual fuelers,Hamilton 188/220,extreme pushrods,Fleece bypass/drains/distribution block,110#springs.