68RFE vs. AS69RC (AISIN)

How much did that set you back?

Jonathan (Higher Power Performance) is working on AISIN TCM tuning.

So to bump this thread back up i just got a 17 mega with the Aisin and I have always had stick trucks so this is going to take some getting used to. Hopefully someone will be able to do some tuning on these before too long. Any updates on anyone else with one how they like it so far?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

From what I've understood, you'll likely never see trans tuning or at least in the near future for that Aisin.

I don't see any issues with the 68rfe with proper tuning and someone driving it that isn't trying to destroy it. I had a 2011 with a 68rfe and it was perfectly fine, ended up getting bored and swapped it to a g56 and all I gained was listening to it growl and having to shift it myself. After I did that I missed the 68rfe for towing, I sold that truck and went and bought a 2015 with 26K miles on it with a 68rfe and I have no regrets. Worse case scenario I might have to rebuild it, but I highly doubt I will within the time I own the truck.

Mufflerbearing, I have a 2017 CQLB Dually and love the Aisin. It gets used pretty good and daily drove. No issues with shifting IMO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 0
Mufflerbearing, I have a 2017 CQLB Dually and love the Aisin. It gets used pretty good and daily drove. No issues with shifting IMO.
Nice looking truck
That's about the only pic I have on my new phone. I love the truck, just have to get used to the auto. Hopefully soon I can hook a trailer to it and see how she does.imagejpeg_0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks MufflerBearing. Yours is pretty slick looking as well.

The more you drive it the more you'll love it. Hooked to a trailer really lets it shine.

The morning In early FEB 2013 You could order the SRW with Aisin I did, Its the 1st Dodge/Ram Transmission that made it pass 200 miles before I went thru Them, With 1 exception I ordered 2017.5 6.7 68rfe on 1 year lease to purchase...That truck spent more Time at Blaine Dodge Shop than Mine. It did NOT make 200 miles before it was towed to Blaine Dodge.. I never touch that trans it leaked out the rear main twice in the 5months out of the year I had it in my possession. The Aisin I have in My 2013 & 14 have been flawless at power levels around 430HP. The Ford 5/6R110 are great , but it much easier and less cost to R/R the trans than engine..Heeheee

Awaiting for my 2018 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 rear with Aisin to come in. Hope with the increase in people getting the Aisin pushes for more affordable options aftermarket wise. Fingers crossed that tuning becomes available one day.

Im looking at buying a 09 3500 dually with 7400 miles with the 68rfe, my plans are to delete it eventually with some trans tuning but probably not right away, truck will mainly be used for hauling my pulling truck and pit vehicle. Ive always towed with a stick truck before and sometimes with a 47re which sucks for towing a heavy load. Just curious how this one will do. Im not gonna be out to tear it up either.

Last edited:
Back