View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #26
SWALLDOG

Name: SWALLDOG
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
this is just a pic of me makin some set up carrier bearings for the dana 80. when my friend and i were going to set up the ring and pinion, well let me back up. so this 10 lug dana 80 had new carrier, 4.10 gears and bearings, but when i pulled it all apart i knew that it was not set up right. it was pretty bad. so i bought a shim kit so we could re-set up the gears. well when we started to pull the carrier bearings off things got worse. the bearings looked new but the races were defiantly old. same with the front pinion bearing and the pinion dam was all bent up. so i ordered a full install kit. new bearings and all. :thumbsup: so with the old carrier bearings, that were still new, i polished out the inside so they would just barley slide on the carrier. that way i dont have to press them on and off when changing shims. then once its set up press the good bearings on. :thumbsup:
Click the image to open in full size.