View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 11:23 PM   #38
Bersaglieri

Name: Bersaglieri
Title: Ron Swanson's Brother
Member`s Gallery
Thanks guys!

I installed an Edge Insight for gauges and diagnostics. I was going to do my typical ISSPRO setup but on a newer diesel, haha, you need to check things like ICP, IPR duty, etc. So far it works well and I am glad I bought it. I have already used it on a friend's truck to trouble shoot some issues he had after an injector upgrade.

We have had a vibration at 65mph since the truck was first ours. Found out that it seems to be play in the splines of the slip joint in the rear driveshaft. Looks like I need a new one.

I have a Hydra with the generic PHP tunes, I was thinking of going with some better ones but I heard Gearhead won't do Excursions. I honestly need to call around. It runs good, but if we do injectors down the road I don't want canned tunes. Some people say Wildman or Gearhead tunes on a stock motor are worth it, maybe I will try some.

Did the trans cooler bypass rebuild. Now I feel like I should have just deleted it. Trans and oil temps seemed high to me during my last 75mph for 3 hours drive. Trans hovered around 220, Oil Temp around 235.

The barn door cable broke. I guess that's a thing. It has plastic ends. I bought aluminum ones from ebay, probably will install them this week.

The ole girl needs a paint job, the black on these trucks seems to delaminate and it has acid rain spots that I can't get off. We are thinking about going Tuxedo black on the whole truck.

Current miles: 320,xxx
1994 - LT1 - 4L80e - Moser