Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Oh I’m just throwing chit. I don’t know anything about cummins, I know a lot of people like n-14’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's what I was thinking 12k/23k setup but was sure...

Yeah, I don't know what the guy originally bought it for, but 2 owners ago used it to haul his race trailer, and the previous owner is a Towing company from Yonkers, NY. He says they've used it to pull a 4 car hauler when needed, but they've finally decided they need a tandem.

Oh I’m just throwing chit. I don’t know anything about cummins, I know a lot of people like n-14’s.

I know you were. I honestly don't know much about N14's other than what we used in tractors. Lots of old N14A's which is an N14 with a PT pump, and a few N14 Celect's before we went to the QSX.

From what I know from reading, N14 will fret the main bearings at high horsepower...I'm hoping we can find a tune that will give us the best possible mileage at light loads and plenty of power on the big loads.

Chris

He's 10'4" and I'm the fall off truck, KW has a 525 N14 with same 13sp I have
27503251_10214110030158331_3783007639520788652_o.jpg

I like it. That's a massive headache rack. Nice lookin truck

Last edited:
Couple guys around home have a couple set at 525 and like them, and rarely seem to have issues really. Seems like injectors is about it other than truck stuff.

From what I know from reading, N14 will fret the main bearings at high horsepower...I'm hoping we can find a tune that will give us the best possible mileage at light loads and plenty of power on the big loads.

Chris
You can make them run respectable, limited by that POS turbo. However keep in mind I've only ran them on a US Spec butt dyno. So with a good operator they only make slightly more than a 24v Volvo starter on a world renowned Euro spec dyno.

Couple guys around home have a couple set at 525 and like them, and rarely seem to have issues really. Seems like injectors is about it other than truck stuff.

You can make them run respectable, limited by that POS turbo. However keep in mind I've only ran them on a US Spec butt dyno. So with a good operator they only make slightly more than a 24v Volvo starter on a world renowned Euro spec dyno.

We're going to be light enough we don't NEED any more than the 435 it has, but I think it's the 435ESP file which I've heard good and bad about, so we'll probably try to put a known quality tune and run it and see how it does. When/if the charger lets go you can bet I'll be asking for advice on what to replace it with.

We're going to try and drag the gooseneck around more with this rather than continue to use the dually's so much since we all kind of agree the only reason we don't use the FL80 now is because it's a rattle trap. The short big trucks turn so much better than the pickups that it is nice getting the 35' trailer in tight barn lots.

So between that, and dragging around big tillage tools, planters, and carts, that's about all we do with it. We're thinking that a truck we don't hate driving and has functioning gauges and HVAC controls will get used more than just when it's necessary.

I guess I could switch it over to 24v if that's all it takes though...
Chris

2001 KW T800, factory Single Axle, 35K single axle, 435HP N14 and a 10 spd. Sold new in Baltimore, spent most of it's life in NYC. Looks very clean in pictures, hopefully get it picked up this week or next. Didn't get to go look, but I think we'll be happy...guy thinks the miles are right, says its super tight. I don't think we can go wrong.

Chris

What is the model of the 10 speed? My dad bought a W900L with a 10 speed (don’t remember the model number, but it has a goofy number). But from everything I’ve heard they’re bullet proof.

My dads W900 has high gears in the rears (3.55, IIRC) but drive by around town you don’t get into high gear. Shifts nice and smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the model of the 10 speed? My dad bought a W900L with a 10 speed (don’t remember the model number, but it has a goofy number). But from everything I’ve heard they’re bullet proof.

My dads W900 has high gears in the rears (3.55, IIRC) but drive by around town you don’t get into high gear. Shifts nice and smooth.

Don't remember. I think it's a FRO15210C but I laid the build sheet down somewhere and can't find it.

Chris

Don't remember. I think it's a FRO15210C but I laid the build sheet down somewhere and can't find it.

Chris

Ah. The one in my dads W900L is FRO-16910. Guessing if they’re anything like the road rangers it’s the same trans just different torque ratings?

Back