Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
farm boy

Name: farm boy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx0964 View Post
Truck is the one in my sig.

I just put the injectors in about a week ago. The truck now makes so much torque the motor is twisting and the serpentine belt is now hitting the upper radiator hose under a hard launch. I have had the hose blow off once and I have been through 3 belts since the injector install. When the belt his the hose it pushes it back and the pulleys and shaves the back 2 ribs off the belt. Motor mounts are STOCK but only have about 25k miles on them.

Has anyone ran into this problem before. Do I need some better/heavier motor mounts? Do I need to chain it? I know there are a lot of guys running the same combo as me (38r and stage 3s) so if any of you guys could chime in that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Never had that problem. Ive launched hard at the track a couple times and haven't experienced any of that.

I think there is a company that makes a re route for the top radiator hose that goes over the belt instead of through it. That might give you enough clearance. And it allows you to change your belt without having to remove the top radiator hose.

All of that being said, I think you better start looking into the root problem. Something ain't right.

Just too much stinkin' Ferd powah...