II vgt turbos

bones

certified n bovine defctn
anybody tried a stage 1 or 2 turbo from II. what are your impressions? hp? track times? any input? thanks...

I was told by II that this will support 600-650HP...they are also checking on options that include eliminating the VGT internals to still pull workstock class. I know that sort of defeats the purpose of spending all that dough on a VGT, but options are options.

I had one.. DP were still too high..

Good intermediate step for a DD or someone not looking to get too heavy in to the HP game.

Just get rid of the pos vgt and go with a 66mm

Thats a thought but I think there are alot of people out there who want to save the EB feature. Im one of those people after having trucks that ate up brake shoes like they were going out of style its hard to give up the EB when I have 50k+ miles and 3/4 pad on a set of stock brake shoes after hauling trailers and such so much. I want a bigger turbo/ twins somthing I just hate to let the EB go. I think Im gonna try a 66mm just to see if Im happy without the VGT but if Im not happy its gonna be a set of Love Fabs

this has been an idea i have been tossing around as well with my 08. I have been considering the I.I. twin kit with the new steed speed vgt manifold ex gated. Control drive psi and have the exhaust brake. This is my daily driver so i want it to be as efficiant as possible. I have asked about the stg II vgt and never got great responces

The modded vvt twin kit works very well its money well spent did a 6.7 with those twins an gdp manifold an grid relocation Max egts are around 1450-1550

How does the stock vgt exhaust brake compare to a regular exhaust brake?.. I have a BD 4" remote mount and a5" remote mount sitting in boxes fro 2 projects of mine...
Thanks,
Deo

i like the stock, it engages when you let off the pedal. there is a button on the dash that lets u turn it off or on. The more the load the better it works

Back