Now that Lavon sold #mywhitetruck............

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
And other big names seemingly getting out of Prostreet, what does 2019 look like in terms of full-size "street" truck racing?

Uhhhh whaaa? I didnt know it was for sale... must have been an offer he couldnt refuse. I cant imagine someone using these specific built trucks for anything other than what they were built for... however a lot of famous trucks have become garage art since changing hands.

Hopefully he is building something else.

What?!! The race truck is gone?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Uhhhh whaaa? I didnt know it was for sale... must have been an offer he couldnt refuse. I cant imagine someone using these specific built trucks for anything other than what they were built for... however a lot of famous trucks have become garage art since changing hands.

Hopefully he is building something else.

Guy by me bought it here in VA. He ran the 5.90 class last year I think.

So a thinning Prostreet/5.0 index fields are thinner, and the 5.90 index class is growing.

Here's to Hoping JP makes some waves soon.

Maybe he's going to dabble in the local sled pull scene for a while. With what these guys have done in the racing scene, I'd love to see a dedicated sled puller from them. They've won everywhere else, so why not? Seems like he could stay closer to home with pulling too, and kids love fairs!

Realistically, how light could they possibly make a "street outlaws" type race car? Near as I can tell, they make plenty of power to go much faster, just always had to be heavy.

Realistically, how light could they possibly make a "street outlaws" type race car? Near as I can tell, they make plenty of power to go much faster, just always had to be heavy.

I think we will start to see a pile of door cars over the next few years.

I saw the post on FB over the weekend, didn't read it until seeing this thread.

My opinion is that Lavon retiring from UCC is Derek Rose's or Shawn Baca's only way to win. They're win will be less credible with Lavon absent, IMHO

Back