P7100 Vs. P3000 Vs. A Style

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Ok, so Im starting to plan for my new engine build for my puller. What I cant decide on is what pump Im going to run.

Now keep in mind this is NOT going on a Cummins.......Much Bigger Cube motor!!!

My goals.....somewere in the 800hp range with the posibility of going over 1000Hp. Probably run 4500-5000 RPM depending what I do with the bottom end.

So what are the differences in the Pumps? What is going to be easier to get to my HP Goals? Which Pump can Auctualy Spin that RPM?

I know the P Pump is capable of all these goals with a good 13mm pump. But I can also run an A or P3000 with the motor Im wanting to run, so Im keeping my options open!!!

the 3000 series pump has a smaller dia camshaft than the 7000 series. so the 7000 series cam can accept a faster profile. the 7000 series body is also cast heavier and seems to be less prone to hanging the rack not sure if it is because the housing moves less or the barrel is thicker

I would use a 7100 with an rsv

What about a A pump? I know a lot of tractor pullers use them, but like all tractor puller stuff.....you cant find anything online about it!!!

Right now, I think the motor is sitting with an M&W Pump on it. Looks like a P style but the AFC on the Back. Im not sure how much power can get out of these, but Im pretty sure it wont be staying on!

You will have just as much money in a good a-pump as you will have a p-pump just get a 7100 series built and be done, only a-pumps are used in lower power tractor classes altered farm ect.

Look at the pulling rules for class you'll be competing in, most have a pump limitation. I know a guy that builds some wicked A-pumps.

Im not building for any class, so I can do what ever I want/need......which is kinda the way I want it!!!

Plus, I highly doubt with my plans that the Pump I use is going to be the thing techs will boot me out of a class for!

About the only thing I was seeing on A pumps was Hot Farm guys running them, but they are usually limited to around 3,000RPM, but I didnt know if they were capeable of more than that.

The motor build is hinging on what happens this week....so Im not sure how wicked I am going to be abe to go. But as it stands, Im thinking a 13mm with an AG. Gov. is the direction Im heading.....but I had no idea if the other style Inlines could be a better option....

the only pullers that use a pumps are because they are limited to them

harts does make a 14mm a pump but even it will not run with a 13mm 7100 with a good cam and it is not nearly as reliable as the 7100 plus its about 1500 more dollars

pump limits just like turbo limits raise the cost of parts. a hyper 15mm rotary for classes that are limited to rotary pumps is close to 6k

we have an unlimited single 540ci tractor class around here, they are making 1500hp or so on A pumps. also a m&w can be turned up more than an A.

we have an unlimited single 540ci tractor class around here, they are making 1500hp or so on A pumps. also a m&w can be turned up more than an A.

U:umno: An A pump to support those pony's wouldn't live long enough to get it off the trailer. Just priced em' boss the 7100 is the cheapest, most reliable and biggest bang for the Buck. 4000 got me a 1000cc P quick rate. The 700 cc A pump was 5500. M&W's wont even come close.

Sounds like your lookin for an answer of which one is the best out of those 3. Since you basically said you won't have limitations. 7100 is where it's at. Goin to be able to Do everything and more that the 3000 will and more at 5000+ rpm's. With nearly the same cost you may as well get the best pump that will leave you with room to grow. To my knowledge 3000 pumps aren't that great higher up in rpm's.

U:umno: An A pump to support those pony's wouldn't live long enough to get it off the trailer.

you are incorrect the tractors he speaks of are the interstate mod turbo tractors and they are most definately 1500 if not more they are 540 ci running 4.2 or bigger holsets. bluegrass ran them at a lighter weight against our intercooled super farms (1300 plus hp) and the mod turbo tractor came out on top. that being said i think the pumps are not lasting a whole season but not horrible reliability.

once again though a 7100 will out perform the rest but if your only looking to be in the 800hp range you only gonna need 500cc or so, so you could get by with even a cheap built 7100 with a 913 camshaft

Basically, My HP goal is limited mostly by my pocket book and the drivetrain Im running. When I can afford a Drop Box / Reverser combo, Ill move up it the HP range.

So that were it looks like the P-pump is by far the best choice. 500cc's on the low end 900cc on the High end......gives me lots of play to adjust the motor in!!!

Just remember, this motor will be in the 450-530 ci range, running an S488 or something around those lines!!

U:umno: An A pump to support those pony's wouldn't live long enough to get it off the trailer.

you are incorrect the tractors he speaks of are the interstate mod turbo tractors and they are most definately 1500 if not more they are 540 ci running 4.2 or bigger holsets. bluegrass ran them at a lighter weight against our intercooled super farms (1300 plus hp) and the mod turbo tractor came out on top. that being said i think the pumps are not lasting a whole season but not horrible reliability.

once again though a 7100 will out perform the rest but if your only looking to be in the 800hp range you only gonna need 500cc or so, so you could get by with even a cheap built 7100 with a 913 camshaft

thank you, these tractors are spinnin around 6k rpms and like he said big billet holsets, my buddys has a 4.1" or so. you would be surprised what an A will do.expo 5-23 001.avi videos from entertainment videos on webshots

Back