2016 Ram 6.7...Need turbo advice!!!

TheDieselShop

The truck is a 2016 ram w/6.7 Cummins. Mods include being deleted, EFILIVE Tuned, 5” exhaust, fass pump, cold air intake, and Suncoast mega comp jr Tranny w/billet torque converter and flex plate. The truck regularly pulls a gooseneck trailer w/20,000lbs on it. We cracked the exhaust side of the turbo. I’m looking for some advice on what to go with for a turbo that fits the needs of a daily pulling rig like this....fire away and Lemme know what ya think!

Jay, hit up zfaylor on here. I'd recommend sticking with the VGT and just doing larger wheels, but an S400 series frame would definitely be more durable.

The truck is a 2016 ram w/6.7 Cummins. Mods include being deleted, EFILIVE Tuned, 5” exhaust, fass pump, cold air intake, and Suncoast mega comp jr Tranny w/billet torque converter and flex plate. The truck regularly pulls a gooseneck trailer w/20,000lbs on it. We cracked the exhaust side of the turbo. I’m looking for some advice on what to go with for a turbo that fits the needs of a daily pulling rig like this....fire away and Lemme know what ya think!

Im more curious how it cracked being on a 2016?

Every now and then, we get something very tall and wide on the trailer. We were 14’ wide and had a 30mph-35mph head wind. Truck was under full boost for about 4 straight hours and the factory turbo just flat out didn’t hold up to the challenge.

I just had a fleece cheetah put on my 14. Been impressed so far. Haven't hauled anything over about 4-5k on trailer yet but it tows just as well, if not a little better down low.

If you want a simple fix send it in to us and we can get you all fixed up by repairing what you have. If you plan to upgrade it a hair we can put different wheels in it. The most I like to do on a strictly towing truck is upgrade the turbine side. It MAY require some additional tuning. Depends on the truck. Some tunes pick it right up and have no issues other tunes are finicky and need tweaked. Very rare for that but it does happen. 574 935 8400 is our shop number we are there m-f 730 to 5pm eastern !
Call with any questions bud

Zfaylor,
We sent another truck down to haul it back. Once I get it up to my shop here in MN, I’ll pull the turbo and overnight it down to you. What’s your turnaround time and can you give me a worst case scenario on price please?

Zfaylor,
We sent another truck down to haul it back. Once I get it up to my shop here in MN, I’ll pull the turbo and overnight it down to you. What’s your turnaround time and can you give me a worst case scenario on price please?

Yessir. Check your PMS.

Back