View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
Shaky93

Name: Shaky93
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
The Rebirth of a 93 W250 , Building a dream.

Hello Folks.

So as many of you know these truck builds just seem to get, "out of hand" sometimes and you end up a totally different direction than you ever thought would be possible, Well that's where this begins.

Started out as a 2 owner truck that had had a pretty modest life 100% stock 160hp of fury pulling around a horse trailer. Well I got my hands on it in 2013 at 270,000 miles busted the tamper proof caps off of the injection pump and went to town.
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

We went through a couple of different turbocharger's, a couple different sets of injectors, some really fun times tinkering with the truck and tuning it, really getting a feel for things and it eventually ended up with a set s363 s475 compounds, and some ridiculous big (for a VE pump) injectors. Got that setup all dialed in and that wasn't enough for me. Some local buisnessmen got together and are converting the airport closest to me into a drag strip! Then I found out the engine had a scored piston. Tore it down and proceeded to change my mind SEVERAL times on the direction of the build. But with the onset of the new 5.90 index and my entry into diesel power challenge 2018, I have finally made my mind up.

# 5 Piston

The engine build,

IH Cast 12v block
D&J FSR Pistons
Carillo HD Connecting rods
6.7 Crankshaft
Scheid billet body triple feed 5x25s
13mm P7100 with Columbus Diesel's pump cam
700GPH DSR lift pump
Hamilton street head with oversized valves worked over by D&J
Fire Ring groove in block and head
625 Headstuds
14mm main studs and girdle
Mahle HX bearings coated by Calico
Hamilton 207/220 cam
Manton Lifters
Manton Rockers (once Manton's get them finished up)
Manton Pushrods
Steed Speed dual wastegate T6 manifold
s475 on the manifold and 2 s467.7s as atmospherics
2 stages of nitrous

The Chassis

After many an hour reading and chatting with guys that have put this level of horsepower through a 1st gen's cheap ass flexi frame, I have decided to go of similar direction to OLD UGLY's newest revision, and use a 3rd gen frame.
Im headed down to San Antonio on Friday (1-5-18) to bring home this honey, which will then get treated to an EMF HD Steering kit, some DT PROFAB long arms, and carli ball joints for sure. Will be going through the axles and rebuilding them as well

The Transmission

FMVB 48RE Was sent off a couple weeks ago to Power Driven Diesel, To receive a full build and refresh.

So stay tuned for some updates as work is going to begin very very shortly on this bad girl. Once I get back with the new chassis its on!

Last edited by Shaky93; 01-02-2018 at 03:00 PM.