View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
lextalionis

Name: lextalionis
Title: user friendly
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
I am going to grab a motor from pick a part and start there. So im guessing the answers to the pump and KDP will be no. Motor will be cleaned up, ill grab a rebuild kit and rebuild it, then start doing what i need to.

I dont have someone to help tune the pump YET.

700 will be fuel only.

I might tow occansionaly. Nothing more than 10K lbs or so.

And i dont really care what combo i go with, i need someone to throw me a combo that will definitely get me there, and then i need to know EXACTLY what ill need. Will i need rods, a modded pump, i need to know everything.
man i had the same kind of questions and if you search you will find nearly every answer youre looking for. when i started getting ideas about my build i hit that search button every chance i got before i asked any questions.

it is kinda time consuming but in reading you will find the answers to questions that you havnt even come up with yet (i know sounds dumb) but the guy doing similar build run into a problem (x) and come up with a solution (y) so ultimatly you can save time and headaches in the long run.

Also, you might want to check the for sale section on here theres alot of good parts that run through this place and could save you some money.

i dont tow with my setup at all so of course there will be differences but to give you a starting point...... like he said 700 and reliable dont exactly mix but you will want to look in to-

balancing the bottom end
head studs
main studs
hd rod bolts
marine pistons
4kgsk
60lb valve springs
fluid damper
hpfp
decent porting of the head
these are things to consider to increase the chance reliability.

-Sorry for the long post but maybe this will get you started!