Truckers, lets see your rigs!

ABS question.
2001 Freightliner Classic that was a single axle and is currently being converted to a tandem axle.
On the rear ABS, is it as simple as getting the same brand ABS controller as is currently on there, but 4 channel instead of 2 channel, and hooking the 4 wheel sensors up, or??

ABS question.
2001 Freightliner Classic that was a single axle and is currently being converted to a tandem axle.
On the rear ABS, is it as simple as getting the same brand ABS controller as is currently on there, but 4 channel instead of 2 channel, and hooking the 4 wheel sensors up, or??

Leave it alone, 2 on the rear is common.

On the ABS note.... The 99 FL60 I picked up is air brake and has ABS... From what I've gathered it needs constant and switched power, brake light and VSS signals to work?

Like non-greaseable spring pins and U joints. Seems to me the future is full of popping, cracking and squeaking.

I see you went camping this holiday.
fa85063c587e3b70da418620e695f031.jpg

Spotted this rig today at OH129 and Cincinnati Dayton Road. Looks like he added a tarp to keep the rock chips off the camper.

EvBrQ3o.png

4gscTgd.jpg

Spotted this rig today at OH129 and Cincinnati Dayton Road. Looks like he added a tarp to keep the rock chips off the camper.

EvBrQ3o.png

4gscTgd.jpg
I'm digging the missing duallie fender... STANCED... kinda curious if the other side matches? Some body needs to spray paint "meth lab" on the side of the camper

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can we circle back around to the engine stands we were discussing a few pages ago? Specifically how the plates bolt to an e model/c15 block. 800 bucks to shell out on OTC's Cat specific plate is ridiculous...

Can we circle back around to the engine stands we were discussing a few pages ago? Specifically how the plates bolt to an e model/c15 block. 800 bucks to shell out on OTC's Cat specific plate is ridiculous...

My OTC was 275.00 on ebay. Deals are out there. I can send yo a copy of the directions if you neef. It has the measurements on it

Last edited:
There’s fixed, then there is “farmer fixed”. Door handle broken in your POS Columbia? Why waste the money ordering a new one when you can just hose clamp the pull cord handle off a chain saw on it?

99bef2fa4a8e5232f1c0c096c2a571f8.jpg

The fake ones are WAY more reliable than the real ones.

People forget why they had 2 sticks to begin with, when you don’t have power you need gears. Buddy tried it for a few years in a 359. Multiple 5 speeds in front of a 4spd aux, those never lasted. Then a modern 7spd out of an ABF truck, followed by a 9spd and he finally gave up and put the 18 back in. Wouldn’t live behind a sub 800hp B model. It either destroyed the main box or ran real hot. Might make it if you haul toilet paper or card board but not with real power and a real loads.

The fake ones are WAY more reliable than the real ones.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that people are installing a whole separate shifter to actuate something that was already there. But, just like the 36" extended ceiling rubbing bullhumper shifters and the ricecars that have more switches than a 747, its KEWL.

Last edited:
Still doesn't excuse the fact that people are installing a whole separate shifter to actuate something that was already there. But, just like the 36" extended ceiling rubbing bullhumper shifters and the ricecars that have more switches than a 747, its KEWL.

Oh I agree, one is Richard Simmons gay, the other is Elton John gay and the rope wrapped tall shifter crowd is the 2019 version of both. They’re the class 8 version of the Dodge tow mirrors or stretched tires.

Then there is the euro cabover that’s the Freddy Mercury of the truck world.

Last edited:
Euro cabover with twin sticks= most awesome truck ever. Idk I'm lazy I like the air switches on the shifter. I just wonder what the next totally awesome thing will be. Maybe split rims and manual slack adjusters will make a comeback.

A true set of boxes is fun to drive.....for a little bit. But as been said, they never were designed for the torque and power of a newer engine. Also they have “wasted” gears. Meaning there is overlap between the boxes. You might have 20 or 24 gears, but they aren’t sequential like a 13 or 18 speed.

Back