AIrDog, and Raptor installed

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Well I finally got everything installed, and the lines run the way I want them. Not a lot of testing done yet as far as mileage and performance, as my truck still has issues with the freakin miss I picked up on the way to Steele :bang
They sent me the 35 PSI spring and a new ball, and its in there, and then I adjusted the raptor pressure to 55 psi. Its running through my DJ fuel+ intensifier still and it works like a champ. Its barely louder than stock, (but I have two pumps down there now, one for the airdog, and one for the raptor), and the pressure does not move of of 55 PSI. Very happy with the setup, and very happy with the customer service I got from PFT!

My only complaint is self induced. I replaced the pick up tube in the fuel tank, and x drilled it at the bottom like the instructions said, but I must have cut it a little too short, and now when I get to 1/8th tank, its officially empty, and when I drive around, I can see the fuel pressure drop a little when the fuel sloshes around. I am gonna get with them and get a new pickup tube and drop the tank again, and make it right.

My only complaint is self induced. I replaced the pick up tube in the fuel tank, and x drilled it at the bottom like the instructions said, but I must have cut it a little too short, and now when I get to 1/8th tank, its officially empty, and when I drive around, I can see the fuel pressure drop a little when the fuel sloshes around. I am gonna get with them and get a new pickup tube and drop the tank again, and make it right.

HAHAHA..I know that feeling..did the same thing with my FASS.

Do the 2 pumps draw alot of power..I know my FASS is a power hog...I could only imagine 2 pumps running..

how about a couple pics too.

They have their own separate harness's, and I am sure they pull a little, but probably nothing compared to the compressor in the bed. LOL I am on the road right now....your neck of the woods, Orlando, then Albuquerque tonight, home tomorrow. I'll get some pics next week.

Tim dont feel bad about miss judgeing the cut on the pickup tube. When my truck hits an 1/8 its empty as well. The first time I found out was everytime I made a corner it almost stalled..So I know I f'd up when cutting the tube

thats awesome news man..gives me some hope. I use to regret buying the air dog but since you made it work some what like the fass i assume then thats just what i may do. mate my air dog up with the raptor. cant wait to see some pics!

I hear you on the pickup tube, I can run mine almost empty but you can hear the pump surge and watch the fp bounce at a 1/8th tank when coming to a stop.

Sorry guys...I don't think we messed up on the measurements.

You need to have the pick-up tube almost a 1/4" off the bottom, or it will prolly starve the pump. Too close to the bottom, and you create a problem too.

Think about using a wet-vac to empty a pail of water. (Think of a container that is flat on the bottom, but has some volume.)
Turn the vac on...what happens when the level gets close to the bottom? It starts to form a vortex at the bottom of the "Pick-up" tube.

And as far as I'm concerned, I learned real fast that you can't take corners, or race with only a 1/4 tank of fuel...they WILL suck air, and pressure will drop off.

Tim, if you do drop your tank again, try to empty it into something, dry the bottom where you need the pick-up installed, and use some clay to check the clearance...just to be sure.

i've seen some people put some what i call castle cuts in the bottom of the tube as to still pull all the fuel but not create a swirl or air pocket. but yea hitting corners w/ a 1/4 tank will still prob run it dry

I have had no time to clean up all the hoses and zip tie everything, so no comments on the mess. LOL

airdog4.jpg

airdog5.jpg

airdog3.jpg

airdog1.jpg

That 1/8 tank issue is something a lot of people especially the CR dodge guys are having, but I got to ask why a Airdog and Raptor? Granted I dont know 6.0L's but the Airdog 150 is pushing enough fuel to power 1000+hp dodges.

The Fords need 55 PSI from the fuel pump to the heads. Unlike the Dodge or Chevy CR, the fuel pump is the ONLY fuel pump, unlike the CR. The AirDog 150 was not designed to run at 55 PSI, it was designed to run at 35 MAX. Soon PFT will be releasing a stand alone for the Ford guys that is designed with an adjustable pump, that is designed to run well up to I believe 70PSI.

looks good. guess you didn't get the new bracket they are coming with that mounts it parallel to the frame.

No I have the old one still. It works just fine and tucks up behind the transfer case. If I get a wild hair I might swap it all around later.

do work dalpilot! looks sick. Im about to go get the raptor as well. Also how does the truck feel with the raptor in there as well????

It doesn't really feel any difference, but the fuel pressure gauge doesn't move off 55! At all!

thats good then right, i mean your getting consistent pressure through the whole rpm range?!!? you think its worth it for me to get one? i have the air dog as of now too

If you have it shimmed, then Yes its worth it. Remember, the AirDog was not designed to be run above 35 PSI. Your making it do it by shimming it. I bet you it gets damned hot!

Glad we got everything worked out and you like the combo. Those systems pull about 5-7 amps on each pump. So you should be good. I have a buddy that has two FASS 180 to his p7100 and boy they take some power. With these two systems combined there should be no power issues at all. They are both standard AirDog and Raptor pumps. They just work extremely well together. I have the same set up on my 12 valve. I believe with the combination together they will run up to 80 psi from the Raptor. That should cover most applications out there.

Back