Dragon Fly vs. Dragon Flow

97' CTD

FeFiFo-FoFeFeFi
I am going to be running these injectors on a daily driver with a Silver Bullet 66. I am mainly looking for which one is better for street I will be pulling this truck but it will mainly be for my transport A to B. I guess I am just scared to get the dragon flows in fear of having an injector that is to big for me? I just want to know what you guys have to say for my application is better or just plainly post your thoughts and opinions so I can see what others have to say! :huh::
P.S. I wondered if I went to the dragon flows if I could stick with these stock 181 dv's??? Just stick me with your thoughts!!!!
Thanks, Brandon

Yes Dragonfly injectors are better for everyday driving. You will get new injectors all set up with mods. and pressures set. They will make very nice hp. And yes .5mm washers are a must. Dragonflow injectors can be streeted but it has to be done with a light foot on the pedal. They would be great for the track however.

That's one thing I don't have..... and that's a light foot on the pedal....:evil

I would go with Dragon Fly's and I personally have a set of Dragon Flows and I call the Dragon Flows my N2O injectors. I run 370's on day to day basis then when I go to a dyno event I swap injectors, the Dragon Flows can be run on a daily basis but it takes a tame right foot and everything in the pump set just right for less low end fuel.

I'm still trying to work an angle for a set of Dragon Fly's too!

Jim

97' CTD said:
I was torn between the dragon's and the DDP4's I think I will go with the Dragons! I have heard nothing but good things about the DDP's I just want to try these sticks (it seems they are more off the beaten path).
Thanks for the advice,
Brandon

You will be happy with them DRAGONS!!!:bow: :bow::evil :evil

I know it's slightly different but I'm running the dragon flows in my truck (yes I know it's not a 12v, you don't have to remind me LOL ) and if they are anything like the one's for the 12v you can street them but you have to think about it. Once you get used to driving around them they aren't that bad.

CAPTIN WE JUST BROKE RADIO SILENCE WITH INDUSTRIAL
INJECTION THE FLYS ARE ENROUTE TO THEIR SPECIFIED LOCATION
:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

97' CTD said:
Congrats!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

gunracer1 said:
i have ddp4s in my truck, they are a 5x14 if i remember right. the dragon flows that i had in my hand looked to be a 10x14 or 16, they were the biggest injector i have ever seen.

Fly's are 14 thou holes with extra tricks not in the DDP 4's

Flows are 16 thou holes with even more tricks

Super Flows are 10x16 with duel feeds and every trick in the book........I was the first to run these last year.

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
Fly's are 14 thou holes with extra tricks not in the DDP 4's

Flows are 16 thou holes with even more tricks

Super Flows are 10x16 with duel feeds and every trick in the book........I was the first to run these last year.

Jim

How are you running a dual feed injector with a p7100?

Na, you can go 5x18, 20, 22, 24 or 10x16 in 12V form!

I don't see an advertisement for honed 370's on I.I. site anymore!

Jim

97' CTD said:

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Forrest Nearing said:
dual feed is inside the injector body

Hmm....explain that one.

Any dual feed I have seen has required two injector lines.

Brandon, I think the Flys are the right choice for you. That's what I run, and am very happy with them. They are more streetable than 370's, and still give me more juice than my twins can burn at max throttle. I've not run the Flows, but don't think I could do them justice.
Enjoy! :ft:

ok i was looking at a set of super flows, all i remember was they had to be able to flow a butt load of fuel.
but to tell you the truth, i have been happy with my ddp 4s. but my next set up will be back with a set of 370's. i still think they are the best hp per dollar spent out there. now they will not make the big hp, but i think they will work fine for me. and if i had some of forrest's money i would just buy some from everybody and try them out

Mike if you need to clean a set of 370's up I have a pop tester now, not that I need everyone sending me injectors!

I just did my 370's last night as I changed the fuel filter setup (ditched the stock one) trying to cure my injector trashing issue.

All I do is take it apart, clean up the outside, drop the nozzle into a ultrasonic cleaner, blow everything out, put it back together and flow/pop check!

370's in stock form will pop at about 3800, if I had the spacers to add 4200 would make a nicer street injector.

Jim

Rottin Rhonda said:
Brandon, I think the Flys are the right choice for you. That's what I run, and am very happy with them. They are more streetable than 370's, and still give me more juice than my twins can burn at max throttle. I've not run the Flows, but don't think I could do them justice.
Enjoy! :ft:

Rhonda, are they more streetable because of decreased smoke down low? I know that many complain of this being a problem.

^^^^^^^^ Yes, Rhonda, please tell us about the smoke down low. Can they be driven normally without blackin' out lanes?

i have been trying to get a pop tester for a while jim. it sure would be handy to have around some times. and thanks again for the offer but you are on the road so much i hate to bother you.

Back