pump CCs

Jff24Gordn

FIRE
How much fuel does your pump push?
Mine ran 380 today with a stock plate, 4k gsk and cut delivery valves. Then he went to work on it. I'll have some more ##s tomorrow.

Still, its been apart for a month and a half. You gonna have it ready for Houston?

You can make a whole bunch of power with 450cc's, If memory serves me correctly my 887 pump is not over 500, more like 450.

Jim

Its a lot easier to get the pump to flow way too much and turn it down to where you need it, than to find out you are about 50hp short of fuel and need to get it re-calibrated again.
Or just burn the motor up with 600cc's. :ft:

I want to say mine was around 500cc with those dv's I dont rember any more lol hope they work out for you

pump CC's

Jff24Gordn,

My pump is sitting on the bench as we speak.:pop:

But in the truck, 490 cc.:clap:

You may want to put in a seperate pusher pump to fuel your inbound fuel line so it doesn't run out of pressure at the big end of the track with those CC's.$.02

WAYNES WORLD

I was told a 913 with no plate will move around 500cc's does that sound right?

my 913 did 465 with cut dv's and a 100 plate set at 17mm travel
set at 21mm travel (no plate) it was close to 600 (like 580) but in a 913 anything over 17mm travel is fruitless due to the notches in the plungers.

also steve robbins dynoed 840hp on nitrous on 460cc

what do yall think my 180 pump is pushing???

0 plate full foreward, custom rack travel plug (rack does not hit the plug at WOT. I know, i know, i'm just asking for the rack to hang), lasercuts, 4k gsk, seriously modded afc

Lance

gotta12v said:
my 913 did 465 with cut dv's and a 100 plate set at 17mm travel
set at 21mm travel (no plate) it was close to 600 (like 580) but in a 913 anything over 17mm travel is fruitless due to the notches in the plungers.

also steve robbins dynoed 840hp on nitrous on 460cc

Sounds about right! The thought of no more than 17mm's of rack on a 215 pump is not always correct!

On my 180 pump way back in the day was at 488! Seems a little high to me now! I was then told they got 533 out of it on the stand........cut plate and cut DV's.

Jim

so if anything over 17mm in my 913 is fruitless then will it hurt anything to have higher then that. Like performance wise? i have no plate, cut anaroid, and 1 small other mod to increase travel.

how many CC's could i get without benching my pump? And there any way to get flow without benching the pump?

Flow cc's are subjective. Yall must flow your pumps with no orifice in the test nozzle, or no test nozzle at all. You clean up 460cc thats a solid 900hp. I however don't think you were making that kind of power, so the pump stand must be generous for some reason, perhaps they tested it at idle. VERY few pump shops actually have a test stand to run a big pump at full fuel to test it. It takes a 50hp test stand to pack a 1000cc pump LEGIT. Most diesel shops have a 20hp stand at best so anything over 400cc they can't realy test unless they are somehow reducing the load either by turning the pump slower or by putting a bigger test nozzle in. I wonder how big a test stand II has I am shure its a 50hp now that I have said thats what it takes. LOL

My little old 866 pump now flows about 500cc on a 20hp stand. And like Brian said, their stand was out of power, so thats a close number.

I wonder how big a test stand II has I am shure its a 50hp

It's big but not 50 hp, I do know that it is as big as it is not for our little P-Pumps but bigger pumps from say an earth mover type setup!

I know when they ran my 13mm pump back in the day it was like 715 and dropped off to 680 or 660 till break away at 5K. Then at 850 on #2 there was still plenty of fuel to clean up!

Can a 12V actually clean up? I'd say I doubt it without N2O unless someone gets a REAL cylinder head instead of this play toy stuff.

Jim

KTA-Cummins said:
Flow cc's are subjective. Yall must flow your pumps with no orifice in the test nozzle, or no test nozzle at all. You clean up 460cc thats a solid 900hp. I however don't think you were making that kind of power, so the pump stand must be generous for some reason, perhaps they tested it at idle. VERY few pump shops actually have a test stand to run a big pump at full fuel to test it. It takes a 50hp test stand to pack a 1000cc pump LEGIT. Most diesel shops have a 20hp stand at best so anything over 400cc they can't realy test unless they are somehow reducing the load either by turning the pump slower or by putting a bigger test nozzle in. I wonder how big a test stand II has I am shure its a 50hp now that I have said thats what it takes. LOL

OMG, we agree! Marking my calender and writting this in my log book now!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Some shops and their testing methods leave me feeling rather, welll.........confused

Back