Driveshaft Loops???

HPAddict

Apparently those a**clowns at the DHRA feel that my daily driver needs them for the 2.6 class. I'm looking for ideas because I'm going to make a set before Gaston, so if you can, please post some pix.
:poke:

dont you just need one at furthest rear u joint and front i got pics for ya

I don't know where they want them at, I REFUSE to pay them $7 for a rulebook. I printed one from their website last year for FREE. I guess charging racers extra money is supposed to raise interest? What do I know anyway???

omg your right theres no downloadable rules wtf batman

you only NEED them at the pumpkins front and rear...but its a good idea to shield any joints in the rear behind the carrier bearing if you have one.

i had mine shielded per rules and the tech crew said part of my u-joint still came out and hit the wall next to them. thank god i had it shielded tho or it could have cost me a fuel tank. they are actually really easy to build if you can find some 6" I.D. schedule 80 steel pipe.

BTW- my truck is still just a street truck that was daily driven up til february when i picked up a jeep for a DD...and im sure glad I had my shields on saturday night!

omg your right theres no downloadable rules wtf batman

That's BS IMHO! That's right, last year you could download it and now there charging you to read the rules?? WTF! It just keeps getting better and better for the DHRA doesn't it!

You have to buy rule books from NTPA NHRA also.

Dale

How do you have them mounted? I can see how they are on the axle, but do they have hiem joints up by the transfer case for movement?

I did notice on one of your ujoint shields TJ that it looked a little short. I think it was the carrier ujoint shield

Well, that looks um....easier than I thought. Does it bind while going through the suspension travel at all? Should I allow for movement in and out also? I tend to go places where suspension travel is needed and if I go through the effort to make something like this, I would like to leave it on and not have to take it off again. I figured if the traction bars get hiem joints at both ends, I should put at least one on the driveshaft loops.

DSCN1940-1.jpg

For some reason I like to go into odd places on vacation with my trucks....
DSCN0219_0012.jpg

Ha Ha i knew he would be hooked.

Good luck with the new prodgects.

I would think that folks who want to go to one or two DHRA pulls that are some distence away and not actully join the DHRA might not go now for fear that when when drive that far they might not meet the rules and thus not be allowed to pull. I think it might impact turnout some what.

Just my two cents

BBD

I know, WTF? Give a free download again for the rules. It's my ink and paper dam*it!

I'm almost positive that House is right. Tomac posted the rules awhile back for 2008 DHRA and they state that the rear u-joint on the rear shaft has to have a shield. Also any u-joint on the front shaft that is visible from the side of the truck must have a shield. That's what I'm going off of since I ain't paying $7 either for one of their ruel books. The only reason I'm going is cause they're close to home.

here is my u-joint shield. I stole the idea off of mech2161's website
loops2.jpg

loops.jpg
the 4 bolts on the back don't screw into anything they just run up against the nose of the rearend to hold everything straight.

Back