Exotic Racing Fuels, anybody using it?

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Has anybody got any real world results from going to the racing fuels? Syndiesel, Scheid Lightning, etc?

I dont have any info on real world testing, but I am very interested to hear other peole do as well.

Two other companies you might want on your radar are Rentech and Advanced Refining Concepts, LLC.

http://www.rentechinc.com/index.php

http://www.advancedrefiningconcepts.com/clear_refining.html

I dont know if they make "racing diesel", but I do know they make high quality renewable diesel fuel.

Here is a cool article that mentions Rentech and talks about renewable diesel: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/1104dp_renewable_diesel_fuel_reinvented/index.html

Gas-to-liquid is the tits!

I mix my own sauce. I have never tried any others. It works for me.

will be trying the Scheid lighting fuel this weekend in my CR 2.6 truck. I have talked to Scheid this week in say its nite in day difference from pump fuel. There is around 60 cetane level in pump is round 18 cetane level. Said will help with staying on top turbo plus help with EGT's. Figure it was worth $180 for two cans shipped to us.
Will have some info after this weekend. I have a thread on here i put in dodge performance in competition earlier in guy says it worth the money.

There is around 60 cetane level in pump is round 18 cetane level.

Regarding North American Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel Fuel Properties.

Engine Manufacturers Assoc said:
Using ASTM D 613, ULSD fuel should have a minimum cetane number of 43. Although ASTM D975 currently requires a minimum cetane number of 40, EMA has asked ASTM to revise the standard to require a minimum cetane number of 43. EMA and it"s members believe such an increase will improve the sociability aspects of diesel fuel performance, such as white smoke, engine starting and engine combustion noise.

It is well known that a cetane rating over 50 shows no gain. I would assume the typical cetane rating of pump fuel to be ~ 35-40.

Regarding North American Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel Fuel Properties.

It is well known that a cetane rating over 50 shows no gain. I would assume the typical cetane rating of pump fuel to be ~ 35-40.

^ I have always heard this. I wish I had the source so it would be credible. I am kind of tempted to take samples from a bunch of fuel stations and see what I get for myself.

Ive have also heard anything under 30 and your truck will run like junk.

More "I heard"- I heard that OEM dealers have high cetane content diesel fuel (45~50 range) on site so when you take a test drive the truck runs amazing.

I wish I had some hard data, so I didnt sound like an ass...:doh:. So just my "I heard this"$.02.

-Note: Not that you sound like an ass at all with your assumption Weston, you have more crediblility than anyone would ever need IMHO.

Just stating what i was told

I understand, I've dealt with this topic before. Increasing cetane can lower EGT's and ease starting with lower compression or increased timing. But going soley by what you are told;

I can sell you a fuel additive that adds eleventybillion cetane points, and will make your engine convert unburnt fuel into dollar bills.

I understand, I've dealt with this topic before. Increasing cetane can lower EGT's and ease starting with lower compression or increased timing. But going soley by what you are told;

I can sell you a fuel additive that adds eleventybillion cetane points, and will make your engine convert unburnt fuel into dollar bills.

i also said i dont have proof yet its worth the money to run. Will have info how it does in my CR this weekend...

I've seen the cetane rating posted on the pump ONCE, somewhere in VA. It said 45 IIRC, thought it was a BP station but can't remember...

I think I saw where Scheid sells a special additive for the blind....supposed to have a seetane rating of 20/20. :hehe:

Look into cen-pe-co fuel additive...think its @$90 for a gallon, mixes 1oz to a gal.

I run SynDiesel in my pulling tractor....An AC D17, 262 CID INDIRECT Injection. It did make my engine start a bit better, and run a little smoother, but I saw no increase in dyno power.

This old engine was designed (in the 40's or 50's) for a minimum cetane around 60, and the new diesel really sucks for starting the old engine, and it wants to pop and miss and carry on, but the SynDiesel cured that.

Other than that, I couldn't tell a real difference. I'm still trying for more power, and maybe once I get some more fuel in there, the SynDiesel will make a power difference??

Not really what you were looking for, I'm sure...but it's something:D
Chris

I still have the barrel of Shell Racing diesel I bought a year or 2 ago. I haven't been able to talk anyone into trying it for free. Sorta tells you something.I plan on mixing it with my fuel just to use it up.It was around $10 per gallon.

I still have the barrel of Shell Racing diesel I bought a year or 2 ago. I haven't been able to talk anyone into trying it for free. Sorta tells you something.I plan on mixing it with my fuel just to use it up.It was around $10 per gallon.

I'll run some through the Junker Drag Truck. I'll be at the Edge/ NADM Drag Race in Salt Lake City Aug 19th, maybe we could rig up a dyno run back to back #2 vs Shell Racing Fuel. My truck has more air than fuel so it should easily show a difference in fuel types.

If anyone wants me to test out set of real slicks, I'd be more than happy to try out a set of 30-32 by 14.50 slicks:hehe:

Shoot Ron...I'll try it.

~Les

Back