Ebay $170 trans pan?

Yeah, but the info I am finding says that pan is 3 3/8" deep, verses the Ebay pan is 5 1/8" deep.

vvvFrom Summits sitevvv

" UPC: 019695102807
Transmission Pan Material: Aluminum
Transmission Pan Finish: Natural
Transmission Pan Style: Deep
Capacity Increase: 4 qt.
Drain Plug Included: Yes
Filter Extension Included: Yes
Filter Included: No
Gaskets Included: Yes
Bolts/Studs Included: Yes
Temperature Sender Bung Included: No
Quantity: Sold individually.
Notes: Pan measures 3 3/8 in. deep. This is a stock replacement, stock depth pan for the 48RE transmissions only. Pan adds 4 quarts additional capacity to all other applicable transmissions."

Last edited:
^^^I also run a derale on my 4l80e. It's nice, but I had to go to "the right stuff" RTV to get the damn thing to seal after it was on and off a few times. I wish I would have spent the coin on a mag hi tech.

Yeah, but the info I am finding says that pan is 3 3/8" deep, verses the Ebay pan is 5 1/8" deep.

vvvFrom Summits sitevvv

" UPC: 019695102807
Transmission Pan Material: Aluminum
Transmission Pan Finish: Natural
Transmission Pan Style: Deep
Capacity Increase: 4 qt.
Drain Plug Included: Yes
Filter Extension Included: Yes
Filter Included: No
Gaskets Included: Yes
Bolts/Studs Included: Yes
Temperature Sender Bung Included: No
Quantity: Sold individually.
Notes: Pan measures 3 3/8 in. deep. This is a stock replacement, stock depth pan for the 48RE transmissions only. Pan adds 4 quarts additional capacity to all other applicable transmissions."

I had ab&m pan here.. It had to be clearances a bit to fit on my 47, took it off and an running a stock 48 pan..

That lpw pan even comes with the spacer.. Not a bad deal..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-14210/overview/
I run this pan, has pretty neat cooling tubes that go through the pan.

A little bit cheaper and Free shipping if you have Amazon Prime.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Derale-14210-Transmission-Cooling-Dodge/dp/B004XONSYE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=IGJKUOJAQ18V&coliid=I5UAXKQKHCYLU"]Derale 14210 Transmission Cooling Pan for Dodge A518 (46RH, 46RE) / A618 (47RH, 47RE, 48RE) : Amazon.com : Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ReRI9umzL.@@AMEPARAM@@41ReRI9umzL[/ame]

Firepunk uses the B&M pan on their Dodge trans builds. Sometimes they do have to clearance them though... The one we used on Bean's truck for the build article fit without grinding if I remember correctly...

those cooling tube pans look like it would be a ***** to clean up the pan ..ie any fine powder or material would still be between th etubes or under them, ie unable to wipe it out.. might cause contamination etc etc??

those cooling tube pans look like it would be a ***** to clean up the pan ..ie any fine powder or material would still be between th etubes or under them, ie unable to wipe it out.. might cause contamination etc etc??

Never had a problem using brake clean. Comes right out

I prefer a cast pan with a nice sealing surface compared to stamped steel pans like that derale but thats just my 2 cents

Back