P-pump head and injectors???

dstad

Ok so i got a p-pump head and im planning on runnin it on my truc. What would it take to use it?? I know ill need different inj lines which i can get from schied but what else do i need

What about injector line connections. are m y non ic inj lines gonna screw right down on the p pump injector bodies

You will need 2nd gen injectors and lines to make it work. The head itself will bolt right down but since the holes are smaller you will need 2nd gen injectors and lines.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I could be, I don't know much about 1st gen stuff), but don't the IC engines use the 7mm tips just like the p-pump trucks, ergo, use the IC injectors in that head and forget about the lines? If you are putting 2nd gen lines on, you're gonna have to put a p-pump on for them to be of any use.

Get new injectors for a IC (91.5-93) truck and use the same lines.

DO NOT USE 2nd GEN INJECTORS! They have a higher pop pressure and you WILL lose power on top of ruining your pump if you leave them on too long. The VE can not take those pressures.

Any Cummmins 12v head from 91.5-98 are exactly the same. the 89-early 91 (Non-intercooled) have 9mm injectors. Others have the 7mm.

Begle, where is that post about turning the 9mm's down to 7mm??

Ok guys i figured it out. Im puttin the head on with the new arp head studs. I might possibly buy a set of .084 injection lines with ve fittings on one end and p-pump injector fittings on the other and some p-pump injectors from a fellow forum member. that will get me exactly what i need.

No it won't! READ MY POST!

Smokem explains in this thread:

Plus with a higher pop off pressure, the VE can NOT handle it!

No one said anything about the P-pump injectors being stock sized or what the pop pressures on them are.
Also, is there proof anywhere about the VE not being able to handle pop pressures higher than 245 bar? Or is that just something that everyone believes w/o questioning?

Ok so i got a p-pump head and im planning on runnin it on my truc. What would it take to use it?? I know ill need different inj lines which i can get from schied but what else do i need

you want to run a 94-98 head on a 92 block correct?

i have a 97 head on my 90 block with stock 90 injectors and lines
Smokem did his first 9MM injector to 7MM injector experiment on MY injectors there for i am running the big 9MM's in the 7MM head thus making more power vrs running stock 7MM's you CAN NOT run a p-pump injector with a VE i know i did it and it did not work worth a chit.

Ok guys i figured it out. Im puttin the head on with the new arp head studs. I might possibly buy a set of .084 injection lines with ve fittings on one end and p-pump injector fittings on the other and some p-pump injectors from a fellow forum member. that will get me exactly what i need.

ya that will just **** up the VE anymore than about 250bar and the VE realy starts to work thats what he set mine at to better atomize the fule

nothing only did it as a test in the shop and around the yard it is a newer VE only probly 10,000 miles but that thing just ran like **** and smoked gray real bad

Back