Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Wire wheel in a grinder works good too. Just wipe it down as good as you can with some paint prep cleaner. It's really hard to beat Caterpillar's own spray paint. Covers good, cleans good, easy to match when things need touched up. We color matched a few to the truck and I won't do it to any of mine again. Looks good at first but goes downhill fast.

I did a little needle scaling (pawned a lot of it off on a friend) and if I never have to touch that god awful contraption again I will be happy.

I needle scaled and DAed the frame of my entire Kenworth and Freightliner from front to back with the big donkey dick style. We now have a pistol with a handle style. Should be much easier.

I thought about a wire wheel just didn't think it would be worth the effort. Not sure it'd get in all the small areas with it. But I plan on having most of the accessories pulled off when I do it.

Tractor Supply does carry a Cat yellow that is very close to pain from Caterpillar.

I'd never color match my motor. A Cummins is red or tan, a Cat is yellow or white and a Detroit is green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White cat?! Those were the only ones that ran good right? Smoke the electronic motors I heard!

Last edited:
I kninda like the wheels. Are they KW specific? I like the truck too. Assuming it was a cm2250 originally, what's involved in the swap? Sweet ride though

Yea a KW option. 2013 with 2250, I had a glider harness for a 389 so I repinned it. Other than that the motor sits right in but KW changed the rear frame mounts in like 2012 so the L brackets for a Cat are a glider specific part. From the dealer they're $480 each side. If I was going to have to redrill the frame I was going to move the engine forward about 6" but it fit without moving anything.

I had these made for $200 vs the $960 the dealer wanted.
a5a622edb77ee57e721af799a7512efa.jpg

White cat?! Those were the only ones that ran good right? Smoke the electronic motors I heard!

The owners 359 has a white cat in it too. He likes the new white cat goin in the green 389. I'm sure it will go to chit in short order. Looks cool on the stand though. His trucks are all white and green. So the white engine in an all green truck works good. It'll be great with the first oil leak I'm sure.......:nail:

Last edited:
Cat white holds up pretty good, mine looked decent except for around the exhaust ports. Cat paint is hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm just disappointed that Cat White was a PACCAR thing. I wanted to paint the motor in my FL white but I can't do that now...

Stupid Freightliner.

I'm just disappointed that Cat White was a PACCAR thing. I wanted to paint the motor in my FL white but I can't do that now...

Stupid Freightliner.

You can still do it, maybe the doors will seal up and some of the rattles FL installs will stop. Lmao

You can still do it, maybe the doors will seal up and some of the rattles FL installs will stop. Lmao

My old beater fld120 has a white 3406a, trust me it didn't stop any of that. My plan is to weld the doors shut and go dukes of hazzard style. Maybe they will quit coming open while driving.

1981 W900A, 5/8" Frame, 44k SSHD and 400 NTC. 8LL nothing special but sure is fun to drive and hear it do its job.

Attachments

• 0111171056.jpg
    0111171056.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 0111171056b.jpg
    0111171056b.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 0111171056c.jpg
    0111171056c.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 0
My old beater fld120 has a white 3406a, trust me it didn't stop any of that. My plan is to weld the doors shut and go dukes of hazzard style. Maybe they will quit coming open while driving.

You can replace them with the new Pete/KW latches. They don't latch when you shut them without flipping the tab on the door

Unfortunately. Mostly the passenger doors that never get used. You go to shut it and it bounces back at you.

I missed the sarcasm in the first post.... ?

The doors on my dads 94 FL close great. Almost as good as a pick up. They don't rattle or make noise, either.

I wish I could get the doors on my FLC to shut like his do. New handles, latches, hinges and the inside will and it made no difference. We do have an FLD 120 cab with decent doors on it I might try swapping on my FLC.

Last edited:
What motor would be in an 03 9400? It's a c15 550hp. Any good? Looking for another truck were crazy busy right now. Like my detroits though. Is it a gas guzzler? It's a bridge motor I'm assuming?

What motor would be in an 03 9400? It's a c15 550hp. Any good? Looking for another truck were crazy busy right now. Like my detroits though. Is it a gas guzzler? It's a bridge motor I'm assuming?
03 was the split year, could be a 6nz or an mbn. There's a good chance if it's an mbn that it's been de-bridged by now too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back