Best Streetable Cam

smokin06

Whats your guys opinions on the best streetable cam for a 97 12 with pretty good pump and hx40 over ht3b twins. Helix 2, maxspool, i want the best street cam without having to flycut the pistons. Thanks in advance for the help.

Im running an H2 that is excelent on the street. With that said.

My god you have no idea the can of worms you just opened.

i am new to this stuff, just wanting some real world info, i do sled pull some and play on the street. thanks again for the help.

thanks alot, with my head ported and some better injectors and i am going to change my twins to schwitzers or garretts is should be pretty stout huh.

It all will depend on what your looking to achieve, although a 12v needs all the help with air it can get.

seems to me like a well spent 500 to 800 dollars, has to net you some horses right maybe fun a little bigger chargers because of the cam helping light the chargers faster.

jim you saying its a waste of money, i am looking into injectors too whats your opinion on that whats the absolute best injector for a 12v.

He makes 848 with stock cam. Obviously a cam isnt a big gain. Its all in the TUNING!

A cam will allow that more power at higher rpm with. Since 12 run out of breath around 3000 or 3500(?) A puller would bennifit from one if turning 3500 down the track.

Still no replacemnet for good tuning.

A cam is also a great thing to help spool a large single. After adding my camshaft my turbo was getting into full boost 200-300rpm's sooner than it was before. I am running a PDR because I bought it for cheap a few years ago, if I was to buy one now it would be a Hamilton Diesel.

Not that I'm making big power by any means, but I have a stock cam, I have yet to see the gains worth my money.

Cams are fine and people seem to be having good luck with them, if I were building a motor and had the budget then that is were I get one. My current slow motor project has a stock cam in it....why, budget but I may still end up with one.

The main deal I try to put out is don't think that if you install a cam....anyones, that the whole world will be all peachy, tuning on a 12V is paramount.

Injectors....it's up to you and your setup, No need in you having anymore than a street cam, with that turbo setup you will start to hit a wall at 650 hp.

Jim

i plan on changing turbo setups, i got the current set cheap and it was my first set of twins, they are great but i am upgrading, what do you guys recommend for turbos, i am probably going to go with some super dragon flow injectors. This truck i drive on the street but its basically my toy i have 3 other trucks to drive. My pump will turn 5,000 havent really paid attention what it runs down the track. But i really thought a cam would help me. I have to pull hte front cover off to put a new seal in so i figured i would go ahead and put a cam in. Give me some info on a good set of STREET/TRACK twins. thanks alot.

who and what cost would it be after all parts are in would be the best to tune it.

Cam keep egts alot cooler and help spool a big single on the street. Makes my SPS66 very easy to drive. Could pull a 10,000lb trailer no problem at all.

???? Don't Rpms and big pumps take a toll on cams in a 12valve????

Back