Street/Race wheel/tire combinations SHOW THEM!

05qcctd4x4- That looks good!!! I like it

william_04_x- they look good just need them on all 4

Mulisha- my rig along with Monster mikes truck run them with no problems, I woudlnt worry about it.

vpmonsterpump.com

rollpan is on:
IMG_0233.jpg

bachelor/ bachelorette (sp) party this weekend... I wont get much done:Cheer: Next week Ill work on the suspension parts

Ian

I went with Proxes ST 305/60/18 and ProComp 1079 18x9.5 wheels. Got a good deal and couldn't pass it up.

DSC03229.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

If you dont mind me asking where did you get a good deal on those, that is the exact setup I want, rims and tires! New or used? Also how much do they stick outside the fender?
Thanks,
Alex

If you dont mind me asking where did you get a good deal on those, that is the exact setup I want, rims and tires! New or used? Also how much do they stick outside the fender?
Thanks,
Alex
I got the deal from a friend when they still worked for 4wheelparts. It was during their March Madness sale weekend. I saved almost $500 on the deal. They were new when I bought them. Les Schwab couldn't touch the price on the tires. They do stick out a bit more than I would like. Some fendere flares would cover them nicely.

Not a straight down the side shot.

DSC03228.jpg

This is the best I got right now. When I get my truck home this weekend I can take a better pic for you if you want.

sideview.jpg

This is compairing the Cooper Discovery STTs 295/70/17 that I took off for these.

0327091624a.jpg

I am running falken stz 04 on my truck, I air them down to around 18 psi, I have done as good as a 1.5 60',, consistant 1.6's and 1.7's. They are a very sticky tire, and very cost effective.

Man they look great! Nice Truck! Roughly how much were they after that sale? I haven't shopped around a lot yet. Thanks for the pics, that helped alot.
-Alex

do you guys think that my truck is to heavy being a 4by4 for those tires.stock rim size and suspension

If you can find the Proxes S/Ts they would work fine for your truck. See my picks above. They will stick out a little if you don't have fender flares. I need to get some myself. Think it would look better and help to keep all the crap from the track and road off the sides of the truck.

Here is a link to 4wheelparts for the size I got. It shows the size and weight rating on them. More than enough for our trucks.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/To...&t_s=160&t_pt=100826&t_pl=4358&t_pn=TOY242290

If you get a 25mm offset the tires wont stick out of the fenderwells

the tire size that you guys run on the proxes have a different max weight i think,then the 265/70R16.actually guys i just looked at the weight specs on there site. your tire is rated at 3084lbs, the tire size for me at 265/70r17 is rated at 2469lbs, do you still think there ok being my truck front end probally weigh's a hell of alot more then that.

Last edited:
sounds like you might have some wear issues with that tire.

I just put on some 305 45 R22 kumhos and they are in the 2500lb range i think. seem to sit well. have a couple thousand miles on them now and seem to be wearing appropriately.

here is my new setup havent tried them out yet went to the strip last night but got rained out . 305/45R18 Mickey Tompson ET streets
i run a toyo proxes on the street . but switch to e rated for towing duties .

IMG00059.jpg

whats your truck weigh trent. and what size proxes do you have, cause they dont come in my size 265/70r17

whats your truck weigh trent. and what size proxes do you have, cause they dont come in my size 265/70r17

Thanks for the complaments guys .... i run a 295/45r20 on the street and used to run them on the strip before i got my slicks , they are rated @ 2750 lbs , my truck weigh's 6800 in street trim i will get the 305's when these wear out i want a little taller for the street ........ went a little shorter for the strip initially. plus side to the 305/50r20's is they are rated @ 3050lbs per tire and i could tow with them . getting sick oh having 4 sets of wheels and tires , 1 set for tow , another for the sled , another for street , and now 1 for strip :bang

Toyo makes a 285/60R17 in the "stII" 30.5" tall 11.4 wide ...... closest i could find in the 17" .

here is a link

PROXES ST II | Toyo Tires

whats the difference exactly between 265/70r17 and 285/70r17, is it just height. and since the track is a big part of it, would the slightly larger tire hurt me in the quarter mile, and what does that do to my 410 gears, does it make it closer to a 373.....thanks man

Well depending on what I do I will most likely be running Kuhm Ecsta STX KL12 in a 285/60/18 on Hello 18x9 Maxx 8. This is the same setup that is on my brothers 3/4 ton big block chevy.

Bad pic but wheels and tires I mentioned above.

Attachments

• P1010838.JPG
    P1010838.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 33
Back