6.7 Cummins Into 05 Ford SuperDuty

Finally got the Turbos - Yahoooo. Now I can get back to work. Will have some pics soon.

Well got a little bit done. A friend of mine Jeremy has put a fair amount of time into helping me get the S474 mounted, I think we had the turbos in and out about twenty times trying to mock things up. Thanks again Jeremy. That S474 is heavy and I'm sure glad I had some help with it.

MISCPICS7013.jpg

Here is the S474 mocked up. It is a very tight fit as you can see. We are using a modified Vulcan performance S400 mount. Sending out a special thanks out to Eric at Vulcan performance for stayin late and making up the custom parts for me.

MISCPICS7014.jpg

The Shibby grid heater delete plate.

MISCPICS7016.jpg

Here is the Ford power steering adapter bracket installed.

MISCPICS7017.jpg

If you are going to try and use that exhaust manifold, you are in for alot of trouble. You need a 24v manifold. And get rid of that v-band on the 474 and weld a 90 right on to the comp. housing. Gives you a ton more room. I know of more than 1 person that spent hours trying to get a CR manifold to work only to give up and start with a 24v manifold.

IMG_43521.jpg

IMG_0017.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work! Looks awesome! Just my own opinion...but couldn't the pipe from the lower turbo be made with a real close 90 instead of the way you have it there? Was there not enough room? Take a look at how I did mine!

If you are going to try and use that exhaust manifold, you are in for alot of trouble. You need a 24v manifold. And get rid of that v-band on the 474 and weld a 90 right on to the comp. housing. Gives you a ton more room. I know of more than 1 person that spent hours trying to get a CR manifold to work only to give up and start with a 24v manifold.

Sinner - I'm not going to use that manifold, I was only using it for mock up of the lower turbo to make sure it would clear a manifold. I have another manifold in mind and it should be here in a few days. I tried the Gen 2 manifold and I didn't like the way it fit so I'm trying something new. Hopefully it will work and I will be posting some pics soon. Good idea on welding a 90 degree on that turbo and I may have to do something like that. I will see in a few days. As far as Your engine goes that looks bad ass. If mine turns out half as nice as yours I will be happy.

New Stainless Steel Header

Well here is the new Stainless Steel Header mocked up. Seems to fit great, what do you guys think? I may rotate the outlet on the top turbo to the other side.

Newmanifoldpics001.jpg

Newmanifoldpics002.jpg

Newmanifoldpics003.jpg

Newmanifoldpics2002.jpg

Newmanifoldpics2001.jpg

THe swaps lookin really nice..wanted to do a cummins into my '03

Thanks guys for the great input. I'm ordering up a cast aluminum elbow like Sinner used on his S400, that is the best idea I have seen so far to connect the cold pipes.

625's and 150 Nozzles installed

Well finanally got time to install the new 625 Head studs and the new Injector nozzles. Here are a few more pics of the header and pics of the head stud and nozzle install.

MISCPICS9004.jpg

MISCPICS9008.jpg

MISCPICS9006.jpg

MISCPICS9007.jpg

MISCPICS9003.jpg

MISCPICS9009.jpg

MISCPICS9010.jpg

MISCPICS9011.jpg

MISCPICS9012.jpg

MISCPICS9014.jpg

MISCPICS9013.jpg

Mocking up cold pipe.

Ok got a little more done. Installed the rockers, rocker box, valve cover and breather housing. Started mocking up the cold pipe. I think it turned out pretty well. I have about 3/4" between the AC box and pipe on top and about a 1/2" on the side of the AC box for the engine to move. The engine mounts are pretty solid and I don't think it will move that much. Had to cut off the studs for the map sensor for clearance on top of the AC box. I have enough clearance on the back side of the turbo for the hot pipe to just barely clear. Next project mock up hot pipe.

MISCPICS9015.jpg

MISCPICS10001.jpg

MISCPICS10002.jpg

MISCPICS10003.jpg

MISCPICS10004.jpg

MISCPICS10005.jpg

MISCPICS10007.jpg

MISCPICS10008.jpg

MISCPICS10009.jpg

MISCPICS10010.jpg

MISCPICS10011.jpg

MISCPICS10012.jpg

i'm glad i will have more room when i do this to my 04.5. twins seem to fit nicer in there. let me know how those turbos do on the 6.7 cause i'll be in the same boat soon.

Back