Dodge 5.9 gasser to CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL

crap i didnt get to it tonight. hopefully tomorrow. a chilton repair manual with the wiring diagrams is a big help.

well as soon as you get a chance to look at the wire and tell me what it is i would really appreciatte it. This is the last thing that is stopping me.

dude cumminsboy sweet truck... long way since i last read about it when u did the lock out hub swap which i did on my 96 2500 v8... i was all ready to go out and swap a cummins into mine mine but i found a 97 cummins for a good price and couldnt pass it up... good looking truck tho

hey thanks man. long time since i did an update. plans are twins, maybe the Big Stick cam and maybe some other little things.

Nice conversion!, I have a friend that wants me to swap his '95 cummins auto into a 01 2500 v10 truck..because his '95 is rotten...any how i will look for a '98 12v harness and pcm.
Any more info on your '92 ford knuckle swap to use those lock outs...do you use the ford ball joints or dodge ones?.. Did you do a write up on that or know where there is a write up..
thanks
Deo

i didnt swap the knuckle's i swaped the spindles and hubs. and yeah i did a write up on pavementsucks.com awhile ago.

haha alright. im gonna make a 12 valve swap this summer into my 96 ram 1500. it should be easier. i think the moters are all mechanical and need no wire harness

Did you have to modify the frame mount to accept the diesel engine mounts?

thanks smoken 12 valve. i think all dodge did is put a thiner piece of metal in the frame machine for making the frames.

thanks!! i have a Hamilton Big Stick sitting here for it and i got to get my Ht60 rebuilt to put under my hx35. BUT I NEED MONEY!!!! haha

Tyler- Nice job!!

Hopefully my 1500 diesel conversion goes as smoothly as yours seems to have.... i will however be running an auto., do you foresee this causing a MAJOR wiring disaster? I dont plan on this truck being street legal, intentions of it being just a strip truck.... i really only need it to start, shift and the lights work. All other gauges and indicators will be "stand alone".

-Any interest in selling that Chiltons manual :hehe:

what year 1500 you going with? it would be easier if you had a 1997 or older, but it is doable with the newer ones.

and its my manual!! lol

well took the motor out to put the cam in and mock up the twins!!!! cam gear was rubing the front tin cover. and just think i have just a 160 Hp pump!!! good thing i got the bolt on retainer for the BIG STICK!

well i know what you guys are goin to say so let the flaming begin. im goin P-pumped 24 valve!!!

Back